Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 20, 2019
BOX OFFICE: Don’t cry for “La Llorona” — a $26 million opening, “Breakthrough” breaks out with $15 million, “Penguins” sink
It’s always a shame, but rarely a surprise, when the best movie of a given weekend underwhelms at the box office. But DisneyNature’s “Penguins,” unless it has a boffo Saturday (when family films do the most business) and Sunday, will … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: Don’t cry for “La Llorona” — a $26 million opening, “Breakthrough” breaks out with $15 million, “Penguins” sink
Nichols fires DeNiro, Simon writes “Goodbye Girl,” Dreyfuss gets Oscar
Last night’s “An Evening with Richard Dreyfuss” at the Florida Film Festival was another of those delightful highlights of many a film festival — a public celebration of the life and work of a big screen legend. Festivals premiere movies, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Nichols fires DeNiro, Simon writes “Goodbye Girl,” Dreyfuss gets Oscar