Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 20, 2019
BOX OFFICE: Don’t cry for “La Llorona” — a $26 million opening, “Breakthrough” breaks out with $15 million, “Penguins” sink
It’s always a shame, but rarely a surprise, when the best movie of a given weekend underwhelms at the box office. But DisneyNature’s “Penguins,” unless it has a boffo Saturday (when family films do the most business) and Sunday, will … Continue reading
Last night’s “An Evening with Richard Dreyfuss” at the Florida Film Festival was another of those delightful highlights of many a film festival — a public celebration of the life and work of a big screen legend. Festivals premiere movies, … Continue reading