Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2019
I think I posted this trailer a while back, or an earlier trailer for “After.” It’s been tagged onto releases like “Five Feet Apart.” Teen love and lust interrupted by…”his dark secret.” Aviron didn’t preview this one, so I will … Continue reading
“Travel,” Mark Twain said, ““is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of … Continue reading
The story’s a non-starter, generic in the extreme. And the performances flat, stiff and lock-still theatrical, when the players aren’t throwing punches left and right, up, down and sideways. But those elements are not what we come to “Ip Man” … Continue reading
It didn’t happen by accident. It never does. With gay marriage rights off the ballot, a civil right endorsed by the states and ratified by the Supreme Court, conservative think tanks needed something to rile and fire up “the base” … Continue reading