Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
- Movie Review: If only they'd remembered Harvey Keitel is "Lansky"
- Movie Review: Even Swedes fret over their neighbors -- "The Evil Next Door"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 13, 2019
Most righteous thing Disney does as a movie studio is celebrate Earth Day with a nature doc Every year.
As I said in my review, “They killed ‘Hellboy.‘” Early marketing, trailers etc., showed promise. But the Neil Marshall/David Harbour “Hellboy” experience, a debacle of a reboot, opened to awful reviews — Lionsgate didn’t screen it widely enough to suggest … Continue reading
Now I don’t know if this Daisy Ridley/J.J. Abrams controlled “Star Wars” trilogy is going to solve its essential problems with story, pace, inclusive-casting that overreaches and cluttering the picture with extra characters –all to sell more toys and make … Continue reading