Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2019
What do we know about “Little,” the latest version of “Big” (see “Shazam!”) to make it into a screenplay and then a star vehicle? We know it stars Issa Rae as the flunky stuck with an evil boss (Regina Hall) … Continue reading
We don’t see punk rocker Becky Something imbibe. We don’t need to. It’s in her manner, manic — antic, peppered with breathless profane patter. It’s in her eyes — weepy and bloodshot, alternately crazed and compassionate. Bipolar much? Hell, it’s … Continue reading
And we can, right? Just based on the trailer. The scent of Courtney Love practically wafts off the screen in this performance. Hats off to Moss, who is having the most challenging and daring post “Mad Men” career of anybody … Continue reading