Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: Jolie is the you-know-what weight in "Those Who Wish Me Dead"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: "First Signal" ruins that moment when the aliens "phone home"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Documentary Review: The perpetrators of The Holocaust, "just following orders," give their "Final Account"
- Movie Review: Rednecks pick the wrong gay couple to torture at "The Retreat"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2019
What do we know about “Little,” the latest version of “Big” (see “Shazam!”) to make it into a screenplay and then a star vehicle? We know it stars Issa Rae as the flunky stuck with an evil boss (Regina Hall) … Continue reading
We don’t see punk rocker Becky Something imbibe. We don’t need to. It’s in her manner, manic — antic, peppered with breathless profane patter. It’s in her eyes — weepy and bloodshot, alternately crazed and compassionate. Bipolar much? Hell, it’s … Continue reading
And we can, right? Just based on the trailer. The scent of Courtney Love practically wafts off the screen in this performance. Hats off to Moss, who is having the most challenging and daring post “Mad Men” career of anybody … Continue reading