Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "Minions: The Rise of Gru" is Pure Looney Tunes
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Gibson's the bomb squad cop, Kevin Dillon's the hacker in the "Hot Seat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: "Ash & Dust," and blood and revenge over a mysterious box
- Classic Film Review: Robert Redford IS "Jeremiah Johnson" (1972)
- Documentary Review -- "Hallelujah: Leonard Cohen, a Journey, a Song"
- Movie Review: Louis C.K. directs and acts in "Fourth of July"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2019
What do we know about “Little,” the latest version of “Big” (see “Shazam!”) to make it into a screenplay and then a star vehicle? We know it stars Issa Rae as the flunky stuck with an evil boss (Regina Hall) … Continue reading
We don’t see punk rocker Becky Something imbibe. We don’t need to. It’s in her manner, manic — antic, peppered with breathless profane patter. It’s in her eyes — weepy and bloodshot, alternately crazed and compassionate. Bipolar much? Hell, it’s … Continue reading
And we can, right? Just based on the trailer. The scent of Courtney Love practically wafts off the screen in this performance. Hats off to Moss, who is having the most challenging and daring post “Mad Men” career of anybody … Continue reading