Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Preview: "A Savage Nature" is a "true story" mass murder drama
- Movie Review: Gawain is tested by "The Green Knight"
- Movie Preview: Jennifer Hudson is defiant, proud and Aretha demanding "Respect"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Korean diplomats try to "Escape from Mogadishu"
- Netflixable? On the market, and ready for a lowball offer -- "Hostage House"
- Movie Review: "Jungle Cruise" Loses its Way
- Movie Review: Another tale of "Payback," lamer than all the rest
- Movie Review: "Rage" rage at this pokey thriller from Down Under
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 15, 2019
A modern day Western about women who work “outside the law” to get what they need? I’m there. The town of the title, “Little Woods,” is supposedly in North Dakota. I used to LIVE in North Dakota. They told me, … Continue reading
Back in 1970, Dr. Edwin Land, the genius who invented the Polaroid/Land Camera, did a cryptic short film — just him in a lab coat wandering through a gutted factory talking about the future. Land pulled a wallet for size … Continue reading
Bob Probert was a hockey goon from the Golden Age of Hockey Goons, a two-fisted brawler who made Detroit fans care more about the fights than the scoreboard when he skated for the Red Wings. From the mid-80s into the … Continue reading
“The Goodbye Girl” is, like any modern classic, a film you not only remember seeing, you remember where and who you saw it with if you’re of a certain age. I remember those facts because of an argument I lost. … Continue reading