Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Abraham's story aimed at the Easter audience -- "His Only Son"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? The Vulgarians Rise Again -- "Murder Mystery 2"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 15, 2019
Next screening” In North Dakota, land of no trees, “Little Woods”
A modern day Western about women who work “outside the law” to get what they need? I’m there. The town of the title, “Little Woods,” is supposedly in North Dakota. I used to LIVE in North Dakota. They told me, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next screening” In North Dakota, land of no trees, “Little Woods”
Documentary Review: Trippy “Instant Dreams” sees the analog magic of Polaroids
Back in 1970, Dr. Edwin Land, the genius who invented the Polaroid/Land Camera, did a cryptic short film — just him in a lab coat wandering through a gutted factory talking about the future. Land pulled a wallet for size … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Documentary Review: Trippy “Instant Dreams” sees the analog magic of Polaroids
Documentary Review — A hockey goon has his day in “Tough Guy: The Bob Probert Story”
Bob Probert was a hockey goon from the Golden Age of Hockey Goons, a two-fisted brawler who made Detroit fans care more about the fights than the scoreboard when he skated for the Red Wings. From the mid-80s into the … Continue reading
An Evening with Richard Dreyfuss? Get your tickets while you can!
“The Goodbye Girl” is, like any modern classic, a film you not only remember seeing, you remember where and who you saw it with if you’re of a certain age. I remember those facts because of an argument I lost. … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on An Evening with Richard Dreyfuss? Get your tickets while you can!