Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: The Unholy Evangelicals/Israeli alliance donating and agitating "'Til Kingdom Come"
- Documentary Review -- "Billie Eilish: The World's a Little Blurry"
- Documentary Review -- "Time Warp: The Greatest Cult Films of All Time"
- Movie Review: Tom Holland, a medic turned addict/bank-robber -- "Cherry"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Netflixable? Any prayer of getting out of the "No Escape Room?"
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 3, 2019
Taraji P. Hansen and Sam Rockwell. A true story from the golden age of de-segregation, finding common cause against an unfeeling government that wants to starve the schools and crush the future. You know, like today. Only less racist. It … Continue reading
Overheated, overwrought, over-furnished and over-dressed, “The Aftermath” is a WWII period piece that squanders another perfectly good Keira Knightley performance in a good looking movie that doesn’t measure up to the costume changes required of its leading lady. … Continue reading
Our short-attention-span culture can be forgiven for forgetting — with any new round of celeb photos, red carpet shots with wife Jennifer Lopez, what a shady scumbag ex-ballplayer Alex Rodriguez was and probably remains. So lest we forget, here’s “Screwball,” … Continue reading
“Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?” “Joker” hits theaters Oct. 4.
A lot of critics older than “the kids these days” soured on Jim Jarmusch, maybe after the quite-credible plagiarism accusations re: “Broken Flowers.” But he’s paid little price for that in the years since. And he’s still got Bill Murray … Continue reading