Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 3, 2019
Taraji P. Hansen and Sam Rockwell. A true story from the golden age of de-segregation, finding common cause against an unfeeling government that wants to starve the schools and crush the future. You know, like today. Only less racist. It … Continue reading
Overheated, overwrought, over-furnished and over-dressed, “The Aftermath” is a WWII period piece that squanders another perfectly good Keira Knightley performance in a good looking movie that doesn’t measure up to the costume changes required of its leading lady. … Continue reading
Our short-attention-span culture can be forgiven for forgetting — with any new round of celeb photos, red carpet shots with wife Jennifer Lopez, what a shady scumbag ex-ballplayer Alex Rodriguez was and probably remains. So lest we forget, here’s “Screwball,” … Continue reading
“Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?” “Joker” hits theaters Oct. 4.
A lot of critics older than “the kids these days” soured on Jim Jarmusch, maybe after the quite-credible plagiarism accusations re: “Broken Flowers.” But he’s paid little price for that in the years since. And he’s still got Bill Murray … Continue reading