Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 3, 2019
Taraji P. Hansen and Sam Rockwell. A true story from the golden age of de-segregation, finding common cause against an unfeeling government that wants to starve the schools and crush the future. You know, like today. Only less racist. It … Continue reading
Overheated, overwrought, over-furnished and over-dressed, “The Aftermath” is a WWII period piece that squanders another perfectly good Keira Knightley performance in a good looking movie that doesn’t measure up to the costume changes required of its leading lady. … Continue reading
Our short-attention-span culture can be forgiven for forgetting — with any new round of celeb photos, red carpet shots with wife Jennifer Lopez, what a shady scumbag ex-ballplayer Alex Rodriguez was and probably remains. So lest we forget, here’s “Screwball,” … Continue reading
“Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?” “Joker” hits theaters Oct. 4.
A lot of critics older than “the kids these days” soured on Jim Jarmusch, maybe after the quite-credible plagiarism accusations re: “Broken Flowers.” But he’s paid little price for that in the years since. And he’s still got Bill Murray … Continue reading