Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 10, 2019
All these people gravitated to Laurel Canyon until the canyon walls were lined with the likes of Jackson Browne, members of The Byrds, Mamas, Papas, CSNY, The Beach Boys…all giving birth to “The California Sound.” Jakob Dylan is our tour … Continue reading
A truism — actors want to play Jesus. All of them. It’s practically a complex. Joaquin Phoenix gets to go where Willem Dafoe (the best actor to tackle the part) went before in this version of the story of Mary … Continue reading
You hear the movie’s about a “caveman” cloned to life in modern America, and the jokes pretty much write themselves, right? You see the image of Will Brittain in Neanderthal makeup and you giggle, maybe just a little. But “William,” … Continue reading
Whaddaya think? The critters are still animated. James Earl Jones is still Mustafa. Great voice cast, as you’d expect. Looks lovely. And…pointless? July 19, a “Lion King” without Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella and Jeremy Irons hits theaters.
I had higher hopes for “Little” than the movie that wound up on the screen. A “Big” flip with a “Black-ish” vibe, it’s built around Issa Rae, destined to be this year’s Tiffany Haddish breakout Black funnywoman thanks to her … Continue reading