Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Bullying's not a joke to a High School "Runt"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: Vergara and Manganiello face the "Bottom of the Ninth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 22, 2019
Why would Clint Eastwood want to direct a movie that discredits law enforcement AND journalism, due to release in 2020?
Because Clint, like Warner Brothers, which will NOT be releasing Great Grandpa’s movie (Fox Disney might, surprise), sees political hay to be made from Richard Jewell’s story. The old GOP coot should stick to interviewing empty chairs. Not that he … Continue reading
I’m always down for a little rock’n roll nostalgia. One can barely recall what music was before the rise of Kanye, Eminem, Swift and Snoop. This one has Springsteen and Little Steven, among others, old men telling rock war stories … Continue reading
Rick Kelly was a famous New York luthier/guitar builder, a master of his trade, long before he added “The Bones of Old New York” to his work. His Carmine Street Guitars shop in Greenwich Village was where musicians in the … Continue reading
Merce Cunningham was the greatest “acquired taste” in modern dance. And living to the active old age of 90, with 60+ years in the public eye, we had a lot of time to acquire that taste. His choreography is revived, … Continue reading
There’s an Eastwood in this — Francesca. And Alycia Debnam-Carey and Claire Holt and Ted Levine (“Monk,” “The Silence of the Lambs.” Gerald McRaney, too. But it’s about brothers played by Brenton Thwaites and Ben Young. A shooting and “a … Continue reading