Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? Filipino romance promises lifelong devotion to "My Amanda"
- Movie Review: Trapped in a maze, doomed to "Meander"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: M. Night's "Surprise!" act gets "Old"
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Netflixable? "Fear Street Part 3" goes to 1666 to wrap it all up
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Netflixable? The silly sci-fi excesses and faded Bruce Willis cool of "Cosmic Sin"
- Documentary Review: The "Conjuring" house goes AirBnB -- "The Sleepless Unrest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 22, 2019
Why would Clint Eastwood want to direct a movie that discredits law enforcement AND journalism, due to release in 2020?
Because Clint, like Warner Brothers, which will NOT be releasing Great Grandpa’s movie (Fox Disney might, surprise), sees political hay to be made from Richard Jewell’s story. The old GOP coot should stick to interviewing empty chairs. Not that he … Continue reading
I’m always down for a little rock’n roll nostalgia. One can barely recall what music was before the rise of Kanye, Eminem, Swift and Snoop. This one has Springsteen and Little Steven, among others, old men telling rock war stories … Continue reading
Rick Kelly was a famous New York luthier/guitar builder, a master of his trade, long before he added “The Bones of Old New York” to his work. His Carmine Street Guitars shop in Greenwich Village was where musicians in the … Continue reading
Merce Cunningham was the greatest “acquired taste” in modern dance. And living to the active old age of 90, with 60+ years in the public eye, we had a lot of time to acquire that taste. His choreography is revived, … Continue reading
There’s an Eastwood in this — Francesca. And Alycia Debnam-Carey and Claire Holt and Ted Levine (“Monk,” “The Silence of the Lambs.” Gerald McRaney, too. But it’s about brothers played by Brenton Thwaites and Ben Young. A shooting and “a … Continue reading