Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Ozark legend conjures up a "Lost Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2013
Thursday, prognosticators were suggesting the Superman reboot “Man of Steel” would blow up the box office with a $150 million take — Thursday through Sunday midnight. Friday evening, the huge Friday take was pointing to as much as $132 million … Continue reading
The director of “Drive” reunites with his star for this Kubrick-by-way-of-Tarantino take on revenge murders in the underworld of Bangkok. “Only God Forgives” has Kristin Scott Thomas playing Ryan Gosling’s vengeance-fixated mom. July 13, limited release. Looks pretty cool.
I have been expecting a tipping point for years. This endless parade of blockbuster comic book movies cannot go on forever. And yet it does — one expensive smash hit after another. Comic books themselves may be struggling to hang … Continue reading
For much of its production life, director Marc Forster’s film of “World War Z” has had another z-sound hanging over it — buzz. Bad buzz. Delayed, pulled from the release schedule last fall for re shoots, the phrase “troubled production” … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and an epic Friday mean its cigars and champagne all around in the Warner Brothers offices today. “Man of Steel” closed in on $46 million before Saturday began, which puts it on track to do a … Continue reading