Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2013
Thursday, prognosticators were suggesting the Superman reboot “Man of Steel” would blow up the box office with a $150 million take — Thursday through Sunday midnight. Friday evening, the huge Friday take was pointing to as much as $132 million … Continue reading
The director of “Drive” reunites with his star for this Kubrick-by-way-of-Tarantino take on revenge murders in the underworld of Bangkok. “Only God Forgives” has Kristin Scott Thomas playing Ryan Gosling’s vengeance-fixated mom. July 13, limited release. Looks pretty cool.
I have been expecting a tipping point for years. This endless parade of blockbuster comic book movies cannot go on forever. And yet it does — one expensive smash hit after another. Comic books themselves may be struggling to hang … Continue reading
For much of its production life, director Marc Forster’s film of “World War Z” has had another z-sound hanging over it — buzz. Bad buzz. Delayed, pulled from the release schedule last fall for re shoots, the phrase “troubled production” … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and an epic Friday mean its cigars and champagne all around in the Warner Brothers offices today. “Man of Steel” closed in on $46 million before Saturday began, which puts it on track to do a … Continue reading