Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2013
Thursday, prognosticators were suggesting the Superman reboot “Man of Steel” would blow up the box office with a $150 million take — Thursday through Sunday midnight. Friday evening, the huge Friday take was pointing to as much as $132 million … Continue reading
The director of “Drive” reunites with his star for this Kubrick-by-way-of-Tarantino take on revenge murders in the underworld of Bangkok. “Only God Forgives” has Kristin Scott Thomas playing Ryan Gosling’s vengeance-fixated mom. July 13, limited release. Looks pretty cool.
I have been expecting a tipping point for years. This endless parade of blockbuster comic book movies cannot go on forever. And yet it does — one expensive smash hit after another. Comic books themselves may be struggling to hang … Continue reading
For much of its production life, director Marc Forster’s film of “World War Z” has had another z-sound hanging over it — buzz. Bad buzz. Delayed, pulled from the release schedule last fall for re shoots, the phrase “troubled production” … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and an epic Friday mean its cigars and champagne all around in the Warner Brothers offices today. “Man of Steel” closed in on $46 million before Saturday began, which puts it on track to do a … Continue reading