Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2013
Thursday, prognosticators were suggesting the Superman reboot “Man of Steel” would blow up the box office with a $150 million take — Thursday through Sunday midnight. Friday evening, the huge Friday take was pointing to as much as $132 million … Continue reading
The director of “Drive” reunites with his star for this Kubrick-by-way-of-Tarantino take on revenge murders in the underworld of Bangkok. “Only God Forgives” has Kristin Scott Thomas playing Ryan Gosling’s vengeance-fixated mom. July 13, limited release. Looks pretty cool.
I have been expecting a tipping point for years. This endless parade of blockbuster comic book movies cannot go on forever. And yet it does — one expensive smash hit after another. Comic books themselves may be struggling to hang … Continue reading
For much of its production life, director Marc Forster’s film of “World War Z” has had another z-sound hanging over it — buzz. Bad buzz. Delayed, pulled from the release schedule last fall for re shoots, the phrase “troubled production” … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and an epic Friday mean its cigars and champagne all around in the Warner Brothers offices today. “Man of Steel” closed in on $46 million before Saturday began, which puts it on track to do a … Continue reading