Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 15, 2013
Thursday, prognosticators were suggesting the Superman reboot “Man of Steel” would blow up the box office with a $150 million take — Thursday through Sunday midnight. Friday evening, the huge Friday take was pointing to as much as $132 million … Continue reading
The director of “Drive” reunites with his star for this Kubrick-by-way-of-Tarantino take on revenge murders in the underworld of Bangkok. “Only God Forgives” has Kristin Scott Thomas playing Ryan Gosling’s vengeance-fixated mom. July 13, limited release. Looks pretty cool.
I have been expecting a tipping point for years. This endless parade of blockbuster comic book movies cannot go on forever. And yet it does — one expensive smash hit after another. Comic books themselves may be struggling to hang … Continue reading
For much of its production life, director Marc Forster’s film of “World War Z” has had another z-sound hanging over it — buzz. Bad buzz. Delayed, pulled from the release schedule last fall for re shoots, the phrase “troubled production” … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and an epic Friday mean its cigars and champagne all around in the Warner Brothers offices today. “Man of Steel” closed in on $46 million before Saturday began, which puts it on track to do a … Continue reading