Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 6, 2013
Justin Timberlake stars as the online poker victim who tries to get even with “The House,” The House being Ben Affleck, an offshore entrepreneur and cheat. Anthony Mackie is the Fed on their case. Look for “Runner Runner” this fall.
“A Hijacking” is every bit as straightforward as its title. This Danish drama depicts the seizure of a cargo ship by Somali pirates and the months-long negotiations for the release of ship and crew, and tells this story partly through … Continue reading