Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2013
Sam Rockwell’s reliably scruffy, irreverent swagger is much in evidence in his latest film — “The Way Way Back.” It’s a serio-comic coming of age tale which has Rockwell playing Owen, the slacker manager of a water slide park who … Continue reading
Shailene Woodley cements her status as “The next Jennifer Lawrence” with this teen romance from the “(500) Days of Summer” folks and James Ponsoldt. Miles Teller, Shailene, young love and coming of age before graduation. August.
“The Heat” opened with a robust Friday that suggests it’ll do a whopping $40 million over this last weekend before July 4. Call that a win, right? The reviews weren’t bad, the teaming of Bullock and Melissa McCarthy works. “White … Continue reading
The phrase “vintage Almodovar” doesn’t mean what is used to. The flamboyant Spanish filmmaker, whose early films were packed with every transgression and every bit of brio that was missing from Spain during the long Franco dictatorship, has seemed trapped … Continue reading