Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Bingeworthy? "The Mandalorian" settles in for Season 2 routine
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2013
Sam Rockwell’s reliably scruffy, irreverent swagger is much in evidence in his latest film — “The Way Way Back.” It’s a serio-comic coming of age tale which has Rockwell playing Owen, the slacker manager of a water slide park who … Continue reading
Shailene Woodley cements her status as “The next Jennifer Lawrence” with this teen romance from the “(500) Days of Summer” folks and James Ponsoldt. Miles Teller, Shailene, young love and coming of age before graduation. August.
“The Heat” opened with a robust Friday that suggests it’ll do a whopping $40 million over this last weekend before July 4. Call that a win, right? The reviews weren’t bad, the teaming of Bullock and Melissa McCarthy works. “White … Continue reading
The phrase “vintage Almodovar” doesn’t mean what is used to. The flamboyant Spanish filmmaker, whose early films were packed with every transgression and every bit of brio that was missing from Spain during the long Franco dictatorship, has seemed trapped … Continue reading