Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 29, 2013
Sam Rockwell’s reliably scruffy, irreverent swagger is much in evidence in his latest film — “The Way Way Back.” It’s a serio-comic coming of age tale which has Rockwell playing Owen, the slacker manager of a water slide park who … Continue reading
Shailene Woodley cements her status as “The next Jennifer Lawrence” with this teen romance from the “(500) Days of Summer” folks and James Ponsoldt. Miles Teller, Shailene, young love and coming of age before graduation. August.
“The Heat” opened with a robust Friday that suggests it’ll do a whopping $40 million over this last weekend before July 4. Call that a win, right? The reviews weren’t bad, the teaming of Bullock and Melissa McCarthy works. “White … Continue reading
The phrase “vintage Almodovar” doesn’t mean what is used to. The flamboyant Spanish filmmaker, whose early films were packed with every transgression and every bit of brio that was missing from Spain during the long Franco dictatorship, has seemed trapped … Continue reading