Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 3, 2013
An omnibus horror package, short scary as all get out films by multiple directors — including Eddie “Get Ready” Sanchez and Gregg Hale “Fellow Well Met” of “The Blair Witch Project.” This isn’t my favorite genre, but I do see … Continue reading
In Shakespeare’s day, “Nothing” was a double entendre, and a sexual one at that. And “noting” was a sexual innuendo, not to mention a pun on “nothing.” So when the Bard titled his comedy “Much Ado About Nothing,” the man … Continue reading
The beautiful children of the well off do drugs and rob from the better-off in this based-on-a-true-story drama from Sofia Coppola. Emma Watson stars, it goes into limited release June 14. They used Paris Hilton’s tacky LA home for some … Continue reading
It’s been hard to avoid Andrea Riseborough on the big screen this year. The 31 year-old British actress, who first gained notice in this country in Mike Leigh’s “Happy-Go-Lucky” and Madonna’s “W.E.”, has had four films released in the space … Continue reading
The Hollywood blockbuster took in an impressive $25 million plus in the newly-important Chinese market over the weekend. That’s without any scenes set there, any Chinese characters or any pandering to Chinese interests, unlike say “Iron Man 3.”
Last year, “Star Wars” fans raced from Santa Monica to San Diego, in costume, to raise money for the Make a Wish Foundation. This year, this Lucas-sanctioned event (he buys into most charitable uses of his trademarks like this) will … Continue reading