Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Guy Ritchie loses a step with "The Gentlemen"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Lovecraft meets Cage in a Richard Stanley film -- "Color Out of Space"
- Netflixable? Tyler Perry delivers "A Fall from Grace"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Zombi Child" takes the Living/Walking Dead back to their voodoo roots
- Movie Review: A "priest" made in prison, "Corpus Christi"
- Netflixable? Shooting it out in Albania with "The Brave"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2013
Steve Coogan has griped, to comic effect, about escaping his most famous Brit-TV creation, failed talk-show nitwit and ABBA fan Alan Patridge. “Alan Patridge: Alpha Papa” is a comedy opening in August, which, if you’re not familiar with the several … Continue reading
Paul Walker doing hillbilly. Elijah Wood. Matt Dillon, Vincent D’Onofrio. Was that D.J. Qualls? “Pawn Shop Chronicles” cannot possibly be as manic and OUT there as the trailer. Anchor Bay is putting this out in July.
Jon Favreau as a fired chef who opens a food truck? Some pitches sell themselves. He wrote it and Open Road just picked it up, with Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johansson, John Leguizamo and Robert Downey Jr. in the cast. Favreau, I … Continue reading
Seth Rogen’s co-directing debut is earning comparisons to “Pineapple Express.” “This is the End” is what “RApture-Palooza” could have been, with a staggering number of cameos, a bigger budget and a better script. It’s a hoot. America’s critics agree — … Continue reading
A small studio grabbed this Princess Diana bio-pic, so Oscar odds for it are starting off long. Surely the Weinsteins would have moved heaven and their banks to buy it had they seen Naomi Watts’ turn as Princess Diana in … Continue reading