Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- RIP Ennio Morricone, master of the Spaghetti Western score
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2013
Steve Coogan has griped, to comic effect, about escaping his most famous Brit-TV creation, failed talk-show nitwit and ABBA fan Alan Patridge. “Alan Patridge: Alpha Papa” is a comedy opening in August, which, if you’re not familiar with the several … Continue reading
Paul Walker doing hillbilly. Elijah Wood. Matt Dillon, Vincent D’Onofrio. Was that D.J. Qualls? “Pawn Shop Chronicles” cannot possibly be as manic and OUT there as the trailer. Anchor Bay is putting this out in July.
Jon Favreau as a fired chef who opens a food truck? Some pitches sell themselves. He wrote it and Open Road just picked it up, with Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johansson, John Leguizamo and Robert Downey Jr. in the cast. Favreau, I … Continue reading
Seth Rogen’s co-directing debut is earning comparisons to “Pineapple Express.” “This is the End” is what “RApture-Palooza” could have been, with a staggering number of cameos, a bigger budget and a better script. It’s a hoot. America’s critics agree — … Continue reading
A small studio grabbed this Princess Diana bio-pic, so Oscar odds for it are starting off long. Surely the Weinsteins would have moved heaven and their banks to buy it had they seen Naomi Watts’ turn as Princess Diana in … Continue reading