Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Netflixable? Another thriller titled "Awake," another snooze
- Movie Review: Mark Wahlberg's fighting and recalling past lives in "Infinite"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 13, 2013
Steve Coogan has griped, to comic effect, about escaping his most famous Brit-TV creation, failed talk-show nitwit and ABBA fan Alan Patridge. “Alan Patridge: Alpha Papa” is a comedy opening in August, which, if you’re not familiar with the several … Continue reading
Paul Walker doing hillbilly. Elijah Wood. Matt Dillon, Vincent D’Onofrio. Was that D.J. Qualls? “Pawn Shop Chronicles” cannot possibly be as manic and OUT there as the trailer. Anchor Bay is putting this out in July.
Jon Favreau as a fired chef who opens a food truck? Some pitches sell themselves. He wrote it and Open Road just picked it up, with Sofia Vergara, Scarlett Johansson, John Leguizamo and Robert Downey Jr. in the cast. Favreau, I … Continue reading
Seth Rogen’s co-directing debut is earning comparisons to “Pineapple Express.” “This is the End” is what “RApture-Palooza” could have been, with a staggering number of cameos, a bigger budget and a better script. It’s a hoot. America’s critics agree — … Continue reading
A small studio grabbed this Princess Diana bio-pic, so Oscar odds for it are starting off long. Surely the Weinsteins would have moved heaven and their banks to buy it had they seen Naomi Watts’ turn as Princess Diana in … Continue reading