Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Netflixable? Toby Jones views his Mommy issues through a twisted "Kaleidoscope"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2013
For everybody who believes there are no new plots under the sun (as Vladimir “Morphology of a Folk Tale” Propp posited, there are 27 plots — in toto — since the beginning of storytelling), here’s a remake of a Steve … Continue reading
Disney has named Ed Oxenbould as winner of the title role in this film of the popular children’s book, with Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner as co-stars and Miguel Arteta behind the camera.
Here’s a movie that sort of cashes in on that documentary of a few years back — “Young at Heart.” Terence Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave, Gemma Arterton and several other Great Brits star in “Unfinished Song,” now going into limited release. … Continue reading
Jim Carrey, who has been outspoken in his criticism of the NRA and gun enthusiasts since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, has decided that maybe making a violent action comedy before that tragedy wasn’t the best idea. He tweeted … Continue reading