Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Horror comes to a troubled couple as they "Shelter in Place" in the Roosevelt Hotel
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Rideshare Roger just might be a "Stalker"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2013
For everybody who believes there are no new plots under the sun (as Vladimir “Morphology of a Folk Tale” Propp posited, there are 27 plots — in toto — since the beginning of storytelling), here’s a remake of a Steve … Continue reading
Disney has named Ed Oxenbould as winner of the title role in this film of the popular children’s book, with Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner as co-stars and Miguel Arteta behind the camera.
Here’s a movie that sort of cashes in on that documentary of a few years back — “Young at Heart.” Terence Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave, Gemma Arterton and several other Great Brits star in “Unfinished Song,” now going into limited release. … Continue reading
Jim Carrey, who has been outspoken in his criticism of the NRA and gun enthusiasts since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, has decided that maybe making a violent action comedy before that tragedy wasn’t the best idea. He tweeted … Continue reading