Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: The Future is bleak, the end is nigh in Swedish sci-fi "Aniara"
- Netflixable? Scorsese's eulogy for "The Irishman"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2013
For everybody who believes there are no new plots under the sun (as Vladimir “Morphology of a Folk Tale” Propp posited, there are 27 plots — in toto — since the beginning of storytelling), here’s a remake of a Steve … Continue reading
Disney has named Ed Oxenbould as winner of the title role in this film of the popular children’s book, with Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner as co-stars and Miguel Arteta behind the camera.
Here’s a movie that sort of cashes in on that documentary of a few years back — “Young at Heart.” Terence Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave, Gemma Arterton and several other Great Brits star in “Unfinished Song,” now going into limited release. … Continue reading
Jim Carrey, who has been outspoken in his criticism of the NRA and gun enthusiasts since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, has decided that maybe making a violent action comedy before that tragedy wasn’t the best idea. He tweeted … Continue reading