Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 25, 2013
For everybody who believes there are no new plots under the sun (as Vladimir “Morphology of a Folk Tale” Propp posited, there are 27 plots — in toto — since the beginning of storytelling), here’s a remake of a Steve … Continue reading
Disney has named Ed Oxenbould as winner of the title role in this film of the popular children’s book, with Steve Carell and Jennifer Garner as co-stars and Miguel Arteta behind the camera.
Here’s a movie that sort of cashes in on that documentary of a few years back — “Young at Heart.” Terence Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave, Gemma Arterton and several other Great Brits star in “Unfinished Song,” now going into limited release. … Continue reading
Jim Carrey, who has been outspoken in his criticism of the NRA and gun enthusiasts since the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, has decided that maybe making a violent action comedy before that tragedy wasn’t the best idea. He tweeted … Continue reading