Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2013
Irony isn’t a recent invention. But a savvy popular culture watcher would have to notice that for the past 20 years or so, American culture has enjoyed — or endured — a sort Golden Age of Irony, as if the … Continue reading
It’s Friday AM, almost time for me to chat with the crew at Open Mike on 740 The Game about movies. Brian Kravitz and I will talk up “White House Down,” parse the hidden meaning of “The Heat,” turn sports … Continue reading
It was funny to watch the review ratings on “The Heat” and “White House Down” on Thursday. For much of the morning, “The Heat” was in free fall, and “White House Down” was close behind it, plunging down the tomatometer. … Continue reading
Almodovar strikes again. Seems a little dated and Old School swishy, and this guy hasn’t made a good movie in this millennium, but fingers crossed.