Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 28, 2013
Irony isn’t a recent invention. But a savvy popular culture watcher would have to notice that for the past 20 years or so, American culture has enjoyed — or endured — a sort Golden Age of Irony, as if the … Continue reading
It’s Friday AM, almost time for me to chat with the crew at Open Mike on 740 The Game about movies. Brian Kravitz and I will talk up “White House Down,” parse the hidden meaning of “The Heat,” turn sports … Continue reading
It was funny to watch the review ratings on “The Heat” and “White House Down” on Thursday. For much of the morning, “The Heat” was in free fall, and “White House Down” was close behind it, plunging down the tomatometer. … Continue reading