Top Posts & Pages
- Series Review: Is "WandaVision" a Marvel?
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Movie Review: Hanks anchors a Western parable, "News of the World"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 14, 2013
Travolta goes a little Daniel Day Lewis here. Millennium has it, limited release in July. Only reason I gave it a thought was the news that Travolta bought out a theater in Ocala, where he lives, for a benefit premiere … Continue reading
Willing to pay a super premium price just to say you were the first to see “World War Z”? Paramount and Regal Cinemas are offering just such a chance next week — five theaters, $50 gets you in. Is this … Continue reading
Sure looks like it.
The spectacle’s there. But the flinty dialogue, the screen presence of Gerard Butler? Not a hint of anything resembling that. This sequel looks epic, but a year out, I need a bit more of what it’s like to be sold … Continue reading
For those still following the career of Arnold Schwarzenegger and still expecting something fresh out of the “Terminator” franchise, there’s this news. For the rest of us, who noticed the failure of his “comeback” film, and his age and the … Continue reading
Jay Z is producing this new, updated hip hopped and racially flipped version of the musical “Annie.” And he needs a big name to be the villainous orphanage operator Miss Hannigan. He needs, he thinks, Oscar winner Sandra Bullock.
Matt Damon and the have-nots are condemned to short, brutish lives on an Earth where police robots keep order — and beat them down. Jodie Foster and the haves look down on them from an idyllic space station, where cancer … Continue reading
Friday morning, time to chat with the “Open Mike” sports talk radio show. We’ll chew over “Man of Steel.” And “This is the End,” the raunchy-Rapture comedy. And “Before Midnight,” the sequel to “Before Sunrise” and “Before Sunset,” which opens … Continue reading
It opened to brisk business Thursday, and appears to have the sustained interest to keep that up all weekend long. But will “Man of Steel” better the “Toy Story 3” record ($110 million) for a film opening in June? It’s … Continue reading