Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2013
Give it up for Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. You’ll never see them work harder at a comedy than in “The Heat,” a stumbling, aggressively loud and profane cop buddy picture where they struggle to wring “funny” out of a … Continue reading
Here’s a kinky, intimate drama about two mothers and friends (Watts and Wright) whose teen surfer sons represent temptation at its most carnal. Not “icky” you say? “Sensual,” etc.? Change the mothers to fathers and the sons to daughters in … Continue reading