Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 27, 2013
Give it up for Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. You’ll never see them work harder at a comedy than in “The Heat,” a stumbling, aggressively loud and profane cop buddy picture where they struggle to wring “funny” out of a … Continue reading
Here’s a kinky, intimate drama about two mothers and friends (Watts and Wright) whose teen surfer sons represent temptation at its most carnal. Not “icky” you say? “Sensual,” etc.? Change the mothers to fathers and the sons to daughters in … Continue reading