Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Netflixable? "A Girl like Grace" is going to make some mistakes
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: Denzel, Malek and Leto get "The Little Things" right
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Netflixable? "Sightless" and paranoid -- maybe with good reason
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 1, 2013
James Gunn is directing the debut feature of this Marvel franchise. It’s shooting in the UK this month and next. Glenn Close and Zoe Saldana and Chris Pratt and Lee Pace and Michael Rooker (the last two plays villains, natch) … Continue reading
The trick to this “Machete” franchise — And really, did the first film earn enough ($26 million) to warrant a sequel?– is finding funny-violent things for Danny Trejo and his all-star supporting cast (Sofia Vergara, Mel Gibson, Charlie Sheen/Estevez, Lady … Continue reading
A big Thursday night and strong Friday have pushed “Now You See Me,” the all-star (albeit, not big box office stars) magicians rob banks and rich people thriller into a $24 million or so weekend, not bad for a movie … Continue reading