Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2013
The first and only time I interviewed Armie Hammer, part of the Armand Hammer Arm & Hammer dynasty, was after he’d played Billy Graham — played him well, but in a script that had no edge. Years pass, he’s done … Continue reading
James McAvoy seems to be wallowing in it a bit these days. Violent films, semi-depraved roles. “Filth” is sort of his big statement on the subject — a corrupt, drugged out over-sexed cop. Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Imogen Poots and … Continue reading
Everybody wants Nick Barrow dead. The mob, corrupt cops, people working for the mob or the corrupt cops. He’s doomed and he knows it. So in an act of selflessness — he takes out a life insurance policy that will … Continue reading
The star of “Savages” and the “Kick Ass” movies may get to play a real superhero after all. Variety reports that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in talks to play Quicksilver in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers 2.”