Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
- Netflixable? Worthington is "Fractured" when his wife and daughter go missing
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2013
The first and only time I interviewed Armie Hammer, part of the Armand Hammer Arm & Hammer dynasty, was after he’d played Billy Graham — played him well, but in a script that had no edge. Years pass, he’s done … Continue reading
James McAvoy seems to be wallowing in it a bit these days. Violent films, semi-depraved roles. “Filth” is sort of his big statement on the subject — a corrupt, drugged out over-sexed cop. Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Imogen Poots and … Continue reading
Everybody wants Nick Barrow dead. The mob, corrupt cops, people working for the mob or the corrupt cops. He’s doomed and he knows it. So in an act of selflessness — he takes out a life insurance policy that will … Continue reading
The star of “Savages” and the “Kick Ass” movies may get to play a real superhero after all. Variety reports that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in talks to play Quicksilver in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers 2.”