Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Deja Vu "Dune"
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Polyamorous and Bi, she lives for "Lust Life Love" and in that order
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: "Halloween Kills," Halloween dies
- Movie Review: Junkie faces up to a tough task -- "Killing Eleanor"
- Netflixable? Cop digs into gay murders in 1980s Poland, and a cover-up -- "Operation Hyacinth"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2013
The first and only time I interviewed Armie Hammer, part of the Armand Hammer Arm & Hammer dynasty, was after he’d played Billy Graham — played him well, but in a script that had no edge. Years pass, he’s done … Continue reading
James McAvoy seems to be wallowing in it a bit these days. Violent films, semi-depraved roles. “Filth” is sort of his big statement on the subject — a corrupt, drugged out over-sexed cop. Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Imogen Poots and … Continue reading
Everybody wants Nick Barrow dead. The mob, corrupt cops, people working for the mob or the corrupt cops. He’s doomed and he knows it. So in an act of selflessness — he takes out a life insurance policy that will … Continue reading
The star of “Savages” and the “Kick Ass” movies may get to play a real superhero after all. Variety reports that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in talks to play Quicksilver in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers 2.”