Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2013
The first and only time I interviewed Armie Hammer, part of the Armand Hammer Arm & Hammer dynasty, was after he’d played Billy Graham — played him well, but in a script that had no edge. Years pass, he’s done … Continue reading
James McAvoy seems to be wallowing in it a bit these days. Violent films, semi-depraved roles. “Filth” is sort of his big statement on the subject — a corrupt, drugged out over-sexed cop. Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Imogen Poots and … Continue reading
Everybody wants Nick Barrow dead. The mob, corrupt cops, people working for the mob or the corrupt cops. He’s doomed and he knows it. So in an act of selflessness — he takes out a life insurance policy that will … Continue reading
The star of “Savages” and the “Kick Ass” movies may get to play a real superhero after all. Variety reports that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in talks to play Quicksilver in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers 2.”