Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 9, 2013
The first and only time I interviewed Armie Hammer, part of the Armand Hammer Arm & Hammer dynasty, was after he’d played Billy Graham — played him well, but in a script that had no edge. Years pass, he’s done … Continue reading
James McAvoy seems to be wallowing in it a bit these days. Violent films, semi-depraved roles. “Filth” is sort of his big statement on the subject — a corrupt, drugged out over-sexed cop. Jamie Bell, Jim Broadbent, Imogen Poots and … Continue reading
Everybody wants Nick Barrow dead. The mob, corrupt cops, people working for the mob or the corrupt cops. He’s doomed and he knows it. So in an act of selflessness — he takes out a life insurance policy that will … Continue reading
The star of “Savages” and the “Kick Ass” movies may get to play a real superhero after all. Variety reports that Aaron Taylor-Johnson is in talks to play Quicksilver in Joss Whedon’s “Avengers 2.”