Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Bringing back Neanderthals proves problematic in "William"
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 7, 2013
Sam Rockwell has the Bill Murray in “Meatballs” role in “The Way Way Back,” a pretty good summer coming of age comedy about a boy who learns about family, his potential and women at the elbow of a wise-cracking water … Continue reading
It’s been eight years since “Wedding Crashers,” and years since either Owen Wilson or Vince Vaughn have been in top-performing comedy blockbusters. Will “The Internship” reverse their fortunes? Critics appear to be over the two of them –and they’re not … Continue reading
Loved the first season of this series, and so did millions of others. So Acura came on as a sponsor of Jerry Seinfeld’s quirky, classic-car centered “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee,” and here comes to the second season. Chris Rock … Continue reading
She’s Latin. She’s in a hoodie. So, what, she’s a car-jacker? That’s a jaw-dropping bit of casting in “Getaway,” Ethan Hawke’s gotta-drive-fast-to-rescue-my-kidnapped-wife thriller, due out this fall. But chipmunk-cheeked Gomez as a car jacker? I guess “Spring Break” gave her … Continue reading
The essence of a great car chase is editing, that combination of shots — points of view, inside and outside the car — that make the viewer share the sense of speed, danger and G-forces that the drivers must feel. … Continue reading
Scanning several reviews of the Owen Wilson/Vince Vaughn comedy “The Internship,” I see a running thread — nobody likes Google, which gets a big ol’ wet kiss in the movie. It’s about two 40something salesmen who have to start their … Continue reading
It’s “Open Mike” Friday here at Movie Nation, the morning when I chat about movies with Mike “The Bulldog” Bianchi on his morning sports talk show. We’ll talk up “The Internship,” which I liked more than most critics. And “The … Continue reading