Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2013
A vampire tale co-starring Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton, with Johnny Lee Miller as a cad and a villain and Sam Riley and Caled Landry Jones as love interests. Neil Jordan directed “Byzantium,” which opens in limited release at the … Continue reading
Dr. Amir Jaafari is a revered surgeon in his Tel Aviv hospital, honored by his peers and seemingly embraced by his community. A secular Arab in a Jewish state, he travels easily in the highest medical circles, only occasionally catching … Continue reading
The trailer to Martin Scorsese’s latest plays younger than your typical Marty movie — jokey, snappy, bouncing to the beat. And this time, the beat isn’t set by The Rolling Stones. Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey and Jonah Hill are the … Continue reading