Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 17, 2013
A vampire tale co-starring Saoirse Ronan and Gemma Arterton, with Johnny Lee Miller as a cad and a villain and Sam Riley and Caled Landry Jones as love interests. Neil Jordan directed “Byzantium,” which opens in limited release at the … Continue reading
Dr. Amir Jaafari is a revered surgeon in his Tel Aviv hospital, honored by his peers and seemingly embraced by his community. A secular Arab in a Jewish state, he travels easily in the highest medical circles, only occasionally catching … Continue reading
The trailer to Martin Scorsese’s latest plays younger than your typical Marty movie — jokey, snappy, bouncing to the beat. And this time, the beat isn’t set by The Rolling Stones. Leonardo DiCaprio, Matthew McConaughey and Jonah Hill are the … Continue reading