Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Witches lose their teeth in "The Craft: Legacy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2013
The elusive Kristen Wiig plays a woman whose psychiatric “episode” has forced her to go live with her mother (Annette Bening) and mom’s creepy beau (Matt Dillon). Darren Criss also stars. I call Wiig “elusive” because I’ve been trying to … Continue reading
Few artists are as far removed in persona from the art that made them famous as Tomi Ungerer, The French-born illustrator and writer came to fame in the ’50s and ’60s with award winning children’s picture books — “The Three … Continue reading
And Liam Hemsworth and Amber Heard are trapped in the middle of this industrial espionage thriller about two tech titans fighting to the death. A fall movie.
A $34 million opening weekend against a $3 million production cost? OF course they do.
There’s an old saying in the biz, ageist, yes, but held to be a great truth about movies. “Old guys can’t do comedy.” Garry Marshall spent his last decades as a director proving it. And it has come true for … Continue reading
It must be tough, being “average” and “middle class” and living within sniffing distance of L.A.’s rich and beautiful people. The designer clothes, the pricey homes, flashy cars and flashier jewelry must seem just within reach, especially to the young … Continue reading