Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 11, 2013
The elusive Kristen Wiig plays a woman whose psychiatric “episode” has forced her to go live with her mother (Annette Bening) and mom’s creepy beau (Matt Dillon). Darren Criss also stars. I call Wiig “elusive” because I’ve been trying to … Continue reading
Few artists are as far removed in persona from the art that made them famous as Tomi Ungerer, The French-born illustrator and writer came to fame in the ’50s and ’60s with award winning children’s picture books — “The Three … Continue reading
And Liam Hemsworth and Amber Heard are trapped in the middle of this industrial espionage thriller about two tech titans fighting to the death. A fall movie.
A $34 million opening weekend against a $3 million production cost? OF course they do.
There’s an old saying in the biz, ageist, yes, but held to be a great truth about movies. “Old guys can’t do comedy.” Garry Marshall spent his last decades as a director proving it. And it has come true for … Continue reading
It must be tough, being “average” and “middle class” and living within sniffing distance of L.A.’s rich and beautiful people. The designer clothes, the pricey homes, flashy cars and flashier jewelry must seem just within reach, especially to the young … Continue reading