Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
- Netflixable? Worthington is "Fractured" when his wife and daughter go missing
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2013
Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, “Happy Go Lucky” Sally Hawkins, Louis C.K., Bobby Canavale and…Andrew Dice Clay? “Blue Jasmine” taps into the 2007-8 financial collapse, the high-living frauds who brought it on and the personal cost to Jasmine (Blanchett) who has … Continue reading
It’s good to see Nicolas Cage in something not supernatural or weird — a fairly straightforward-looking serial killer thriller with Vanessa Hudgens as a victim/survivor and John Cusack as the suspect. This one opens Aug. 24.
The low-low budget social satire horror movie “The Purge” is blowing up the box office this weekend. Maybe it’s the few against many first-person shooter mayhem, a brilliant marketing campaign (social media) or people recognizing and buying into its heavy-handed … Continue reading