Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2013
Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, “Happy Go Lucky” Sally Hawkins, Louis C.K., Bobby Canavale and…Andrew Dice Clay? “Blue Jasmine” taps into the 2007-8 financial collapse, the high-living frauds who brought it on and the personal cost to Jasmine (Blanchett) who has … Continue reading
It’s good to see Nicolas Cage in something not supernatural or weird — a fairly straightforward-looking serial killer thriller with Vanessa Hudgens as a victim/survivor and John Cusack as the suspect. This one opens Aug. 24.
The low-low budget social satire horror movie “The Purge” is blowing up the box office this weekend. Maybe it’s the few against many first-person shooter mayhem, a brilliant marketing campaign (social media) or people recognizing and buying into its heavy-handed … Continue reading