Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Preview: A lot of stars swirl down the drain of "American Night"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2013
Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, “Happy Go Lucky” Sally Hawkins, Louis C.K., Bobby Canavale and…Andrew Dice Clay? “Blue Jasmine” taps into the 2007-8 financial collapse, the high-living frauds who brought it on and the personal cost to Jasmine (Blanchett) who has … Continue reading
It’s good to see Nicolas Cage in something not supernatural or weird — a fairly straightforward-looking serial killer thriller with Vanessa Hudgens as a victim/survivor and John Cusack as the suspect. This one opens Aug. 24.
The low-low budget social satire horror movie “The Purge” is blowing up the box office this weekend. Maybe it’s the few against many first-person shooter mayhem, a brilliant marketing campaign (social media) or people recognizing and buying into its heavy-handed … Continue reading