Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2013
Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, “Happy Go Lucky” Sally Hawkins, Louis C.K., Bobby Canavale and…Andrew Dice Clay? “Blue Jasmine” taps into the 2007-8 financial collapse, the high-living frauds who brought it on and the personal cost to Jasmine (Blanchett) who has … Continue reading
It’s good to see Nicolas Cage in something not supernatural or weird — a fairly straightforward-looking serial killer thriller with Vanessa Hudgens as a victim/survivor and John Cusack as the suspect. This one opens Aug. 24.
The low-low budget social satire horror movie “The Purge” is blowing up the box office this weekend. Maybe it’s the few against many first-person shooter mayhem, a brilliant marketing campaign (social media) or people recognizing and buying into its heavy-handed … Continue reading