Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 8, 2013
Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, “Happy Go Lucky” Sally Hawkins, Louis C.K., Bobby Canavale and…Andrew Dice Clay? “Blue Jasmine” taps into the 2007-8 financial collapse, the high-living frauds who brought it on and the personal cost to Jasmine (Blanchett) who has … Continue reading
It’s good to see Nicolas Cage in something not supernatural or weird — a fairly straightforward-looking serial killer thriller with Vanessa Hudgens as a victim/survivor and John Cusack as the suspect. This one opens Aug. 24.
The low-low budget social satire horror movie “The Purge” is blowing up the box office this weekend. Maybe it’s the few against many first-person shooter mayhem, a brilliant marketing campaign (social media) or people recognizing and buying into its heavy-handed … Continue reading