Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Preview: "Come Play" gives us an autistic boy's experience of...HORROR
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 4, 2013
Ethan Hawke’s had some good luck with horror, and “The Purge” has a hint of that. America, legalizing one day a year where there are no laws — and criminal impulses reign — a family barricaded against the mob, but … Continue reading
However diminished his status among domestic movie audiences, Tom Cruise is still a very bankable box office star in much of the world. Especially, apparently, in Japan. His latest, “Oblivion,” opened well enough but faded before reaching $100 million in … Continue reading
“Violet & Daisy” plays like a live-action version of a Japanese manga comic. Lurid and bloody, it has elaborate gunplay and kinky-kitschy lollipop sucking schoolgirls working as assassins to pay for their teen fashions and teen music obsessions. Vintage pop … Continue reading