Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2013
“Monsters, Inc.” may be the most original and under-rated film ever to come out of Pixar, an inventive spin on the professional bogeymen hiding in kids’ closets and the reasons they’re there in the first place. It’s their job, and … Continue reading
“World War Z” promised to be some sort of ultimate zombie movie experience, and it’s hard to call it that. But the first 25 minutes or so of this “Contagion” meets “28 Days Later” thriller will leave you breathless. And … Continue reading
Brooke Shields, Virginia Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Wanda Sykes and Cameron Mannheim are women of a certain age who take one last shot at showing they still matter by “getting the old team back together.” Susan “Desperately Seeking Susan” Seidelman is … Continue reading
Simple, self-contained gag from the November 27 Disney animated comedy “Frozen.” Snowman with allergies loses his carrot nose, and an elk chases after it. Cute, not quite laugh out loud funny.
Crowdsourcing lures another big name as James France sets out to film his “Palo Alto Stories,” based on his own short stories, through $500,000 through Indiegogo. He’s taking some of the sting out of “rich movie star uses indie film … Continue reading