Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Movie Review: The Love of Two Women props up "The Laureate"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2013
“Monsters, Inc.” may be the most original and under-rated film ever to come out of Pixar, an inventive spin on the professional bogeymen hiding in kids’ closets and the reasons they’re there in the first place. It’s their job, and … Continue reading
“World War Z” promised to be some sort of ultimate zombie movie experience, and it’s hard to call it that. But the first 25 minutes or so of this “Contagion” meets “28 Days Later” thriller will leave you breathless. And … Continue reading
Brooke Shields, Virginia Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Wanda Sykes and Cameron Mannheim are women of a certain age who take one last shot at showing they still matter by “getting the old team back together.” Susan “Desperately Seeking Susan” Seidelman is … Continue reading
Simple, self-contained gag from the November 27 Disney animated comedy “Frozen.” Snowman with allergies loses his carrot nose, and an elk chases after it. Cute, not quite laugh out loud funny.
Crowdsourcing lures another big name as James France sets out to film his “Palo Alto Stories,” based on his own short stories, through $500,000 through Indiegogo. He’s taking some of the sting out of “rich movie star uses indie film … Continue reading