Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ron Howard's "Thirteen Lives" celebrates 5,000 heroes
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? German goon "Buba" has some growing up to do in this dark comedy
- Documentary Review: A Jew searches for "My Tree," planted in Israel in his honor, and finds guilt and regret instead
- Movie Review: Korean Passengers and Crew face Terror at 30,000 feet -- "Emergency Declaration"
- Netflixable? If we "Don't Blame it on Karma! (¿Qué culpa tiene el karma?)," who DO we blame for this laughless rom-com?
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Classic Film Review: Gary Cooper's transgressive-for-its-time "Return to Paradise" (1953)
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Get away from "Carter"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2013
“Monsters, Inc.” may be the most original and under-rated film ever to come out of Pixar, an inventive spin on the professional bogeymen hiding in kids’ closets and the reasons they’re there in the first place. It’s their job, and … Continue reading
“World War Z” promised to be some sort of ultimate zombie movie experience, and it’s hard to call it that. But the first 25 minutes or so of this “Contagion” meets “28 Days Later” thriller will leave you breathless. And … Continue reading
Brooke Shields, Virginia Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Wanda Sykes and Cameron Mannheim are women of a certain age who take one last shot at showing they still matter by “getting the old team back together.” Susan “Desperately Seeking Susan” Seidelman is … Continue reading
Simple, self-contained gag from the November 27 Disney animated comedy “Frozen.” Snowman with allergies loses his carrot nose, and an elk chases after it. Cute, not quite laugh out loud funny.
Crowdsourcing lures another big name as James France sets out to film his “Palo Alto Stories,” based on his own short stories, through $500,000 through Indiegogo. He’s taking some of the sting out of “rich movie star uses indie film … Continue reading