Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Preview: "Come Play" gives us an autistic boy's experience of...HORROR
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 18, 2013
“Monsters, Inc.” may be the most original and under-rated film ever to come out of Pixar, an inventive spin on the professional bogeymen hiding in kids’ closets and the reasons they’re there in the first place. It’s their job, and … Continue reading
“World War Z” promised to be some sort of ultimate zombie movie experience, and it’s hard to call it that. But the first 25 minutes or so of this “Contagion” meets “28 Days Later” thriller will leave you breathless. And … Continue reading
Brooke Shields, Virginia Madsen, Daryl Hannah, Wanda Sykes and Cameron Mannheim are women of a certain age who take one last shot at showing they still matter by “getting the old team back together.” Susan “Desperately Seeking Susan” Seidelman is … Continue reading
Simple, self-contained gag from the November 27 Disney animated comedy “Frozen.” Snowman with allergies loses his carrot nose, and an elk chases after it. Cute, not quite laugh out loud funny.
Crowdsourcing lures another big name as James France sets out to film his “Palo Alto Stories,” based on his own short stories, through $500,000 through Indiegogo. He’s taking some of the sting out of “rich movie star uses indie film … Continue reading