Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 24, 2013
Other movie stars get into the profession for the fame, the money, the girls. Jason Statham just wants to be The Catcher in the Rye. In film after film, going back as far as “The Transporter,” he’s played characters out … Continue reading
This looks cute and mumblecore-ish, couples re-coupling over the course of a weekend, pals who work in a bar realizing they may be more than pals. Nice to see Olivia Wilde get something light and interesting. She’s doing good work, … Continue reading
Actor Nat (second from left) and writer-director Josh (farthest to the right) are touring and talking about “Stuck in Love,” the romance that co-stars everybody else in the picture and opens in July. Wolff was in “Peace, Love and Misunderstanding” … Continue reading
“Byzantium” doesn’t breathe new life into the weary vampires-on-the-run/young-vampires-in-love formulas. But Neil “Interview with the Vampire/The Crying Game” Jordan still manages to return this sort of tale to the realm of adults, with the meaty themes and grim, gory violence … Continue reading
Appropriately enough. The original General Zod, the great Terrence Stamp, had an encounter in the toilet of a theater where he was about to do a Q & A re: his latest film. And he overheard a discussion of “Man … Continue reading
The cuddly and likable Ashton Kutcher had his work cut out for him, portraying visionary and temperamental Apple co-founder Steve Jobs. This trailer for the movie, opening in August, suggests he has a shot at pulling it off. Dermot Mulroney, … Continue reading