Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 24, 2013
Other movie stars get into the profession for the fame, the money, the girls. Jason Statham just wants to be The Catcher in the Rye. In film after film, going back as far as “The Transporter,” he’s played characters out … Continue reading
This looks cute and mumblecore-ish, couples re-coupling over the course of a weekend, pals who work in a bar realizing they may be more than pals. Nice to see Olivia Wilde get something light and interesting. She’s doing good work, … Continue reading
Actor Nat (second from left) and writer-director Josh (farthest to the right) are touring and talking about “Stuck in Love,” the romance that co-stars everybody else in the picture and opens in July. Wolff was in “Peace, Love and Misunderstanding” … Continue reading
“Byzantium” doesn’t breathe new life into the weary vampires-on-the-run/young-vampires-in-love formulas. But Neil “Interview with the Vampire/The Crying Game” Jordan still manages to return this sort of tale to the realm of adults, with the meaty themes and grim, gory violence … Continue reading
Appropriately enough. The original General Zod, the great Terrence Stamp, had an encounter in the toilet of a theater where he was about to do a Q & A re: his latest film. And he overheard a discussion of “Man … Continue reading
The cuddly and likable Ashton Kutcher had his work cut out for him, portraying visionary and temperamental Apple co-founder Steve Jobs. This trailer for the movie, opening in August, suggests he has a shot at pulling it off. Dermot Mulroney, … Continue reading