Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2013
It’s time for another “Die Hard on Pennsylvania Avenue.” After all, “Olympus Has Fallen” has finally cleared out of theaters — $100 million or so richer. This is the more promising of the two terrorists-take-over-the-White-House thrillers, with Channing Tatum and … Continue reading
“World War Z” has the most feverish fanboy interest, and the fact that this movie was labeled “Damaged goods” last year when its release was delayed has worked against it. But the counter-buzz that hey, it’s pretty good, should come … Continue reading