Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 20, 2013
It’s time for another “Die Hard on Pennsylvania Avenue.” After all, “Olympus Has Fallen” has finally cleared out of theaters — $100 million or so richer. This is the more promising of the two terrorists-take-over-the-White-House thrillers, with Channing Tatum and … Continue reading
“World War Z” has the most feverish fanboy interest, and the fact that this movie was labeled “Damaged goods” last year when its release was delayed has worked against it. But the counter-buzz that hey, it’s pretty good, should come … Continue reading