Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Spanish math professor expects to "Live Twice, Love Once"
- Movie Review: "Incitement" condemns those who inspire an assassin
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Netflixable? "Jarhead: Law of Return"
- Netflixable? "Wish Man" tells the story of the cop who started "Make-a-Wish"
- Next screening? Blake and Jude are in "The Rhythm Section"
- Movie Review: So who's the "Parasite" here?
- Movie Review: Comrades fight to honor the ultimate sacrifice in "The Last Full Measure"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 10, 2013
There are filmed adaptations of plays and plays, in essence, staged for the film camera. “Between Us” is, sadly, closer to the latter. Joe Hortua’s four-handed melodrama about the arc of a relationship between two couples feels stagy, claustrophobic, despite … Continue reading
The average fan hears, appreciates, maybe even sings along to the latest hits of Adele or Rihanna on the radio. But Merry Clayton hears them and shakes her head. “She needs some SISTERS backing her up in there.” Clayton is … Continue reading
They had big voices, “as big as Aretha Franklin’s,” an admirer confesses. But they gave up their dreams, learned to “sacrifice individuality,” to step into the background as Ike and Mick, Bette and Bruce, Paul Simon and Ray Charles and … Continue reading
A surprising uptick in the box office this weekend thanks to the horror/social satire hit “The Purge,” which keeps Ethan Hawke’s horror hit streak alive.Over $36 million? That’s insane. Horror movies don’t open that big, thrillers don’t blow up like … Continue reading