Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Netflixable? Whatever you do, don't rile "Romina"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: Witches lose their teeth in "The Craft: Legacy"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 12, 2013
Middle Eastern politics are the underpinning of this domestic thriller, set in Israel, about a doctor whose wife may have been “brainwashed” into doing something he cannot believe she did. “The Attack” is opening in some cities June 28.
I’ve chatted with the “Finding Neverland/Casino Royale” and “Machine Gun Preacher” director Marc Forster several times before, and always found him to be refreshingly candid. For instance, here he admits that “Preacher” was a bit of a muddle because he … Continue reading
Robert Stone directed the wonderful environmental movement history documentary “Earth Days,” and that earns him the benefit of the doubt for his latest, “Pandora’s Promise.” He needs that benefit, because what he sets out to do in 87 minutes is … Continue reading
The lads of Hollywood’s “Pot Pack” get together for a riotous riff on The Rapture in “This is the End,” an often hilarious/generally irreverent comedy about the Biblical Apocalypse as seen through the windows of a movie star’s mansion. Seth … Continue reading