Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Movie Review: Tech scientist wants to preserve what matters most in the "Archive"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 12, 2013
Middle Eastern politics are the underpinning of this domestic thriller, set in Israel, about a doctor whose wife may have been “brainwashed” into doing something he cannot believe she did. “The Attack” is opening in some cities June 28.
I’ve chatted with the “Finding Neverland/Casino Royale” and “Machine Gun Preacher” director Marc Forster several times before, and always found him to be refreshingly candid. For instance, here he admits that “Preacher” was a bit of a muddle because he … Continue reading
Robert Stone directed the wonderful environmental movement history documentary “Earth Days,” and that earns him the benefit of the doubt for his latest, “Pandora’s Promise.” He needs that benefit, because what he sets out to do in 87 minutes is … Continue reading
The lads of Hollywood’s “Pot Pack” get together for a riotous riff on The Rapture in “This is the End,” an often hilarious/generally irreverent comedy about the Biblical Apocalypse as seen through the windows of a movie star’s mansion. Seth … Continue reading