Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
- Netflixable? Love is by turns "Sweet and Sour" in this Korean romance
- Movie Review: "The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard"
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Wrong Turn" leads to terror and torture porn on the Appalachian Trail
- Movie Review: Depression Era football phenoms, "12 Mighty Orphans" take on Texas
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Stuck in place "In the Heights"
- Movie Review: "Umrika" sadly reminds one of the America the rest of the world used to see
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: June 12, 2013
Middle Eastern politics are the underpinning of this domestic thriller, set in Israel, about a doctor whose wife may have been “brainwashed” into doing something he cannot believe she did. “The Attack” is opening in some cities June 28.
I’ve chatted with the “Finding Neverland/Casino Royale” and “Machine Gun Preacher” director Marc Forster several times before, and always found him to be refreshingly candid. For instance, here he admits that “Preacher” was a bit of a muddle because he … Continue reading
Robert Stone directed the wonderful environmental movement history documentary “Earth Days,” and that earns him the benefit of the doubt for his latest, “Pandora’s Promise.” He needs that benefit, because what he sets out to do in 87 minutes is … Continue reading
The lads of Hollywood’s “Pot Pack” get together for a riotous riff on The Rapture in “This is the End,” an often hilarious/generally irreverent comedy about the Biblical Apocalypse as seen through the windows of a movie star’s mansion. Seth … Continue reading