Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Movie Review: Norway and Jenny Slate shimmer in "The Sunlit Night"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 27, 2013
David Gordon Green seems to be returning to something like his indie (“George Washington,””Undertow”) roots with this father-son “bonding” comedy. Maybe filtering his zero-box office days through a more commercial post-Apatow/”Pineapple Express” lens. “Prince Avalanche” is a two-hander, set in … Continue reading
Michael Bay’s hyped and hopped up return to straight action didn’t do nearly as well Friday as he might have hoped, and doesn’t even appear to have a shot at reaching the decent but modest $20-22 million opening predicted for … Continue reading