Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
- Movie Review: "When Lambs become Lions" takes an African view of the poacher/wildlife guardians conflict
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 30, 2013
They have dominated women’s tennis for a decade and a half, so much so that the tennis-loving public came to take them for granted. So give the Williams sisters their due, and that’s what “Venus & Serena” appears to want … Continue reading
The phrase “banality of evil” popped up when historians sought to explain the bland men and women who carried out the Holocaust, when critics looked for ways to describe the often dull villains that Alfred Hitchcock astutely observed were not … Continue reading
The third “Iron Man” movie, the finale to this trilogy of Marvel marvels, is the jokiest and cutest of the Iron Man movies. The Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) gets a kiddie sidekick, for Pete’s Sake. It’s also far … Continue reading
“Kon-Tiki” needed to be made for the simple reason that the world needs to remember that real scientific adventure existed long before George Lucas dreamed up Indiana Jones. The sixty-some years that have passed since Thor Heyerdahl & Co. set … Continue reading