Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 30, 2013
They have dominated women’s tennis for a decade and a half, so much so that the tennis-loving public came to take them for granted. So give the Williams sisters their due, and that’s what “Venus & Serena” appears to want … Continue reading
The phrase “banality of evil” popped up when historians sought to explain the bland men and women who carried out the Holocaust, when critics looked for ways to describe the often dull villains that Alfred Hitchcock astutely observed were not … Continue reading
The third “Iron Man” movie, the finale to this trilogy of Marvel marvels, is the jokiest and cutest of the Iron Man movies. The Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) gets a kiddie sidekick, for Pete’s Sake. It’s also far … Continue reading
“Kon-Tiki” needed to be made for the simple reason that the world needs to remember that real scientific adventure existed long before George Lucas dreamed up Indiana Jones. The sixty-some years that have passed since Thor Heyerdahl & Co. set … Continue reading