Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 30, 2013
They have dominated women’s tennis for a decade and a half, so much so that the tennis-loving public came to take them for granted. So give the Williams sisters their due, and that’s what “Venus & Serena” appears to want … Continue reading
The phrase “banality of evil” popped up when historians sought to explain the bland men and women who carried out the Holocaust, when critics looked for ways to describe the often dull villains that Alfred Hitchcock astutely observed were not … Continue reading
The third “Iron Man” movie, the finale to this trilogy of Marvel marvels, is the jokiest and cutest of the Iron Man movies. The Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) gets a kiddie sidekick, for Pete’s Sake. It’s also far … Continue reading
“Kon-Tiki” needed to be made for the simple reason that the world needs to remember that real scientific adventure existed long before George Lucas dreamed up Indiana Jones. The sixty-some years that have passed since Thor Heyerdahl & Co. set … Continue reading