Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A Tragic Gay Romance from Italy, "The Neighbor" (aka "Hotel Milano")
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: A Love Story Musical set to The Indigo Girls -- "Glitter & Doom"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 19, 2013
Weekend movies: Mixed reviews for “Oblivion,” bad ones for “Home Run” and “Lords of Salem”
It occurred to me, on watching “Oblivion” for a second time last night as I waited to see “The Lords of Salem,” that it is very much an old-fashioned star vehicle. Tom Cruise holds the floor and the screen, and … Continue reading
Movie Preview: Mads Mikkelson in “The Hunt”
Thomas Vinterberg’s Danish drama “The Hunt” is about a seemingly innocent man being accused of child abuse. It is built around a riveting performance by Mads Mikkelson, who has graduated from “Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself” and being a bad … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: Mads Mikkelson in “The Hunt”
Movie Preview: “The Internship,” new trailer
It still looks funny. It still has a hint of the manic Vince Vaughn of old and the dopey Owen Wilson of now and always. June 7. A real zeitgeist comedy.
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Preview: “The Internship,” new trailer
Friday AM– movies on the radio, talking “Oblivion,” “Starbuck”
It’s Friday morning, time to chat with Mike “The Bulldog” Bianchi and Brian Kravitz over at 740 The Game. At 745, we’ll discuss “Oblivion,” a real “star vehicle” for a star who’s faded a bit — Tom Cruise. Not bad … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Friday AM– movies on the radio, talking “Oblivion,” “Starbuck”
Movie Review: The Zombies seem unqualified to be “The Lords of Salem”
Let’s give Rob and Sheri Moon Zombie, the Sonny and Cher of sadomasochistic horror, the benefit of the doubt and assume they set out to make “The Lords of Salem” some sort of instant bad cult film about witches. That … Continue reading