Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 19, 2013
It occurred to me, on watching “Oblivion” for a second time last night as I waited to see “The Lords of Salem,” that it is very much an old-fashioned star vehicle. Tom Cruise holds the floor and the screen, and … Continue reading
Thomas Vinterberg’s Danish drama “The Hunt” is about a seemingly innocent man being accused of child abuse. It is built around a riveting performance by Mads Mikkelson, who has graduated from “Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself” and being a bad … Continue reading
It still looks funny. It still has a hint of the manic Vince Vaughn of old and the dopey Owen Wilson of now and always. June 7. A real zeitgeist comedy.
It’s Friday morning, time to chat with Mike “The Bulldog” Bianchi and Brian Kravitz over at 740 The Game. At 745, we’ll discuss “Oblivion,” a real “star vehicle” for a star who’s faded a bit — Tom Cruise. Not bad … Continue reading
Let’s give Rob and Sheri Moon Zombie, the Sonny and Cher of sadomasochistic horror, the benefit of the doubt and assume they set out to make “The Lords of Salem” some sort of instant bad cult film about witches. That … Continue reading