Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 14, 2013
Interesting to see the second career Gillian Anderson has managed for herself in the UK, playing the counter-terrorism boss to Clive Owen’s field agent in “Shadow Dancer” being her latest Brit role. Andrea Riseborough is the woman turned by agent … Continue reading
The historical baseball biopic “42” did a very healthy $27 million+ at the box office on its opening weekend. Decent reviews, good word of mouth, a subject that caused TV newscasts and sports radio (and other radio) talk shows to … Continue reading