Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Chilean "Mujeres Arriba" discover the difference between "sex" and "good sex"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2013
“Crimson Peak” promises to be a twist on the traditional ghost story, and Guillermo DEl Toro is casting away for it even as he waits for “Pacific Rim” to hit theaters. Benedict Cumberbatch, Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone are the … Continue reading
The opening night film at this year’s Florida Film Festival is the backup singers documentary, “Twenty Feet from Stardom,” and I caught up with filmmaker Morgan Neville and one of his stars, Merry Clayton, before they were off to be … Continue reading
“Evil Dead” is the sole “new” release opening wide this weekend. It’s a horrific remake of a cult classic, the film that made Sam Raimi famous. Grueling to sit through, I thought. And from looking at the tomatomater, a lot … Continue reading
The Florida Film Festival is back, with movies shown this year at Maitland’s Enzian theater and the Regal Winter Park 20. Over a hundred films, over a week of non-stop movie going. You can by passes, or individual tickets to … Continue reading
It’s Friday morning, time to chat with Mike Bianchi of “Open Mike” (740 AM, The Game) about the week’s new releases. Today we’ll chew over “Evil Dead,” and revisit “Jurassic Park,” this time with our 3D Glasses. The Florida Film Festival … Continue reading