Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2013
“Crimson Peak” promises to be a twist on the traditional ghost story, and Guillermo DEl Toro is casting away for it even as he waits for “Pacific Rim” to hit theaters. Benedict Cumberbatch, Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone are the … Continue reading
The opening night film at this year’s Florida Film Festival is the backup singers documentary, “Twenty Feet from Stardom,” and I caught up with filmmaker Morgan Neville and one of his stars, Merry Clayton, before they were off to be … Continue reading
“Evil Dead” is the sole “new” release opening wide this weekend. It’s a horrific remake of a cult classic, the film that made Sam Raimi famous. Grueling to sit through, I thought. And from looking at the tomatomater, a lot … Continue reading
The Florida Film Festival is back, with movies shown this year at Maitland’s Enzian theater and the Regal Winter Park 20. Over a hundred films, over a week of non-stop movie going. You can by passes, or individual tickets to … Continue reading
It’s Friday morning, time to chat with Mike Bianchi of “Open Mike” (740 AM, The Game) about the week’s new releases. Today we’ll chew over “Evil Dead,” and revisit “Jurassic Park,” this time with our 3D Glasses. The Florida Film Festival … Continue reading