Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Did you catch the RBG/Ruth Bader Ginsburg cameo in "Deadpool 2"?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
- Netflixable? Mexican BMX girl holds casting call -- "Dad Wanted (Se busca papá)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 5, 2013
“Crimson Peak” promises to be a twist on the traditional ghost story, and Guillermo DEl Toro is casting away for it even as he waits for “Pacific Rim” to hit theaters. Benedict Cumberbatch, Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone are the … Continue reading
The opening night film at this year’s Florida Film Festival is the backup singers documentary, “Twenty Feet from Stardom,” and I caught up with filmmaker Morgan Neville and one of his stars, Merry Clayton, before they were off to be … Continue reading
“Evil Dead” is the sole “new” release opening wide this weekend. It’s a horrific remake of a cult classic, the film that made Sam Raimi famous. Grueling to sit through, I thought. And from looking at the tomatomater, a lot … Continue reading
The Florida Film Festival is back, with movies shown this year at Maitland’s Enzian theater and the Regal Winter Park 20. Over a hundred films, over a week of non-stop movie going. You can by passes, or individual tickets to … Continue reading
It’s Friday morning, time to chat with Mike Bianchi of “Open Mike” (740 AM, The Game) about the week’s new releases. Today we’ll chew over “Evil Dead,” and revisit “Jurassic Park,” this time with our 3D Glasses. The Florida Film Festival … Continue reading