Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 16, 2013
One’s a sci-fi picture in which Tom Cruise finds out if Joseph “Tron” Kosinski has a little blockbuster magic left him in his tank — a ruined planet, a conspiracy to keep news of who might still be “down there” … Continue reading
He doesn’t look like the images of the character from comic books. He has a blueish glow for the next “Amazing Spider-Man” movie, due out in 2014. But it’s an arresting look, and the hoodie lends him a certain currency … Continue reading
The first rule of any baseball movie is that the guys cast to star in it have to look like they can play. And in “Home Run,” Scott Elrod had the build, the swagger and the sweet swing of a … Continue reading
Paris-Manhattan” is an amusing little nothing of a movie built around the wit and wisdom of Woody Allen. First-time writer-director Sophie Lellouche has taken bon mots from Allen’s movies and used them to create nothing less than a philosophy of life for her heroine, … Continue reading