Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
- Movie Review: "When Lambs become Lions" takes an African view of the poacher/wildlife guardians conflict
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2013
Weekend Movies: “42” and “Disconnect” open to good reviews, “Trance” and “Place in the Pines” go wider
“The trades” both panned the Jackie Robinson bio-pic “42.” Not fans of the genre, by my read. Fine. Critics are, by definition, not the biggest sports biopic fans. Too many of us were the last kids picked for team dodgeball. … Continue reading
The noise — limited to film buffs, admittedly — about the documentary “Room 237,” about Stanley Kubrick’s film of Steven King’s “The Shining” has gotten Warners interested in the idea of a new version of that story, a prequel. Deadline … Continue reading
A coming of age dramedy set by the shore, an awkward teen (Liam James), his parents Carell and Toni Collette), the bad-good influence (Sam Rockwell) and the objectified object of desire — AnnaSophia Robb. “The Way Way Back” is packed … Continue reading
If you want a child to be the face of the traffic in the worldwide sex slave trade, you could do worse than Persis Karen. An Indian girl with enormous, empathetic “anime eyes,” she plays Annika in the faith-based drama … Continue reading
It’s coming to Orlando and Miami next week — April 19, Orlando, April 21 Miami. Minions will be accompanying it.