Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2013
Weekend Movies: “42” and “Disconnect” open to good reviews, “Trance” and “Place in the Pines” go wider
“The trades” both panned the Jackie Robinson bio-pic “42.” Not fans of the genre, by my read. Fine. Critics are, by definition, not the biggest sports biopic fans. Too many of us were the last kids picked for team dodgeball. … Continue reading
The noise — limited to film buffs, admittedly — about the documentary “Room 237,” about Stanley Kubrick’s film of Steven King’s “The Shining” has gotten Warners interested in the idea of a new version of that story, a prequel. Deadline … Continue reading
A coming of age dramedy set by the shore, an awkward teen (Liam James), his parents Carell and Toni Collette), the bad-good influence (Sam Rockwell) and the objectified object of desire — AnnaSophia Robb. “The Way Way Back” is packed … Continue reading
If you want a child to be the face of the traffic in the worldwide sex slave trade, you could do worse than Persis Karen. An Indian girl with enormous, empathetic “anime eyes,” she plays Annika in the faith-based drama … Continue reading
It’s coming to Orlando and Miami next week — April 19, Orlando, April 21 Miami. Minions will be accompanying it.