Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2013
It’s no great stretch to think of Michael Shannon as a hitman. Or Ray Liotta as a hitman’s boss. But “The Iceman,” based on a true story, has a hitman’shome life (Winona Ryder plays the wife), Josh Lucas as an … Continue reading
Lots of supporting players have signed on the dotted line for the big screen version of “Hercules” that Dwayne “The Once and Future Rock” Johnson is set to star in. There’s Ian McShane and John Hurt, Rufus Sewell and Joseph … Continue reading
Science fiction is one film genre that seems to wear its ancestors, the films that inspired it or, less charitably, that it “borrowed” from, with pride. Thus, “Oblivion” has “Scavengers” who dress like Sand People from “Star Wars,” round, red-eyed … Continue reading