Top Posts & Pages
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Review: "Tom & Jerry" terrorize NYC
- Movie Review: Another Autistic Child is Haunted -- "Noise in the Middle"
- Movie Review: Haunted by his dead wife "As Long as We Both Shall Live?"
- Documentary Review: A Great Writer writes and remembers -- "The War and Peace of Tim O'Brien"
- Netflixable? "Crazy About Her (Loco por ella)"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- The lowly Chevy Nova finally has its (movie, TV) moment?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2013
It’s no great stretch to think of Michael Shannon as a hitman. Or Ray Liotta as a hitman’s boss. But “The Iceman,” based on a true story, has a hitman’shome life (Winona Ryder plays the wife), Josh Lucas as an … Continue reading
Lots of supporting players have signed on the dotted line for the big screen version of “Hercules” that Dwayne “The Once and Future Rock” Johnson is set to star in. There’s Ian McShane and John Hurt, Rufus Sewell and Joseph … Continue reading
Science fiction is one film genre that seems to wear its ancestors, the films that inspired it or, less charitably, that it “borrowed” from, with pride. Thus, “Oblivion” has “Scavengers” who dress like Sand People from “Star Wars,” round, red-eyed … Continue reading