Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- Movie Review: The wear and tear of "The Aerialist" dancer's life
- Netflixable? Mafia don hopes to win his dreamgirl in "365 Days (365 Dni)"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? Chilean "Mujeres Arriba" discover the difference between "sex" and "good sex"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 17, 2013
It’s no great stretch to think of Michael Shannon as a hitman. Or Ray Liotta as a hitman’s boss. But “The Iceman,” based on a true story, has a hitman’shome life (Winona Ryder plays the wife), Josh Lucas as an … Continue reading
Lots of supporting players have signed on the dotted line for the big screen version of “Hercules” that Dwayne “The Once and Future Rock” Johnson is set to star in. There’s Ian McShane and John Hurt, Rufus Sewell and Joseph … Continue reading
Science fiction is one film genre that seems to wear its ancestors, the films that inspired it or, less charitably, that it “borrowed” from, with pride. Thus, “Oblivion” has “Scavengers” who dress like Sand People from “Star Wars,” round, red-eyed … Continue reading