Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 28, 2013
Deadline.com is reporting that the latest Marvel from Marvel, “Iron Man 3,” will open in North America already a worldwide hit — $195 million in all territories this weekend. Then there’s “Mud,” which enjoyed a decent “wide” opening this weekend, … Continue reading
I am a sucker for the “RED” trailers. The first film was old school, sold with Bruce and Helen and Malkovich and Aerosmith — a hilarious trailer. This time, with Richard Dreyfuss killed off (Morgan Freeman too? Can’t recall.) and … Continue reading
Another in a long line of weak weekends at the movies this year was headlined by “Pain & Gain”, which opened at $20 million and edged the second weekend of “Oblivion” ($17.6) to come home a “winner.” The Michael Bay … Continue reading