Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 3, 2013
Don’t expect much. But if you’re waiting with bated break…
“Evil Dead” is earning the best horror film notices since “Mama,” maybe since “Insidious.” Not that it’s in their league, or that of the Sam Raimi film it is based on. Raimi’s film was his debut, with the Coen Brothers … Continue reading
Robert Redford delivers one last lecture on ’60s idealism and passes another baton to Shia LaBeouf in “The Company You Keep,” an engrossing thriller about the last anti-Vietnam War radicals still underground. Redford, along with fellow Oscar winners Susan Sarandon, … Continue reading