Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Well, at least the Canary Islands glow in "So My Grandma's a Lesbian"
- Movie Review: "Some Southern Waters" wash up on a David Lynch shore
- Netflixable? Hippie teen has a Rio predicament in "Double Dad"
- Movie Review: Bring the kids, but don't forget the hankies, for "Zoo"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: RZA goes Tarantino-ish for "Cut Throat City"
- Movie Review: To have a "close encounter," you need "Proximity"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 8, 2013
In the 19th century, there was a mad rush among the bone collecting paleontologists of the day to see who could scoop whom, who could uncover this species or prove that that one flew. It was a bitter battle, and … Continue reading
The music in the trailers for this one is contemporary, understandable, I guess. Getting younger people to come see a period piece about 1940s baseball when Jackie Robinson integrated America’s Pastime,” is going to be a hard sell to the … Continue reading
It’s about the James Hunt/Niki Lauda rivalry during the Crimson Age (death, everywhere) of F-1, and Howard’s cut a pretty dazzling trailer out of it. “Rush” opens Sept. 13. Will Americans, who don’t generally follow F-1, go for it? The … Continue reading
Irish character actor Milo O’Shea’s death, like that of documentary maker Les Blank (“Burden of Dreams”) , got lost in all the Roger Ebert love last week. It completely escaped my notice. But the actor, famous for starring in the … Continue reading