Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 8, 2013
In the 19th century, there was a mad rush among the bone collecting paleontologists of the day to see who could scoop whom, who could uncover this species or prove that that one flew. It was a bitter battle, and … Continue reading
The music in the trailers for this one is contemporary, understandable, I guess. Getting younger people to come see a period piece about 1940s baseball when Jackie Robinson integrated America’s Pastime,” is going to be a hard sell to the … Continue reading
It’s about the James Hunt/Niki Lauda rivalry during the Crimson Age (death, everywhere) of F-1, and Howard’s cut a pretty dazzling trailer out of it. “Rush” opens Sept. 13. Will Americans, who don’t generally follow F-1, go for it? The … Continue reading
Irish character actor Milo O’Shea’s death, like that of documentary maker Les Blank (“Burden of Dreams”) , got lost in all the Roger Ebert love last week. It completely escaped my notice. But the actor, famous for starring in the … Continue reading