Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 8, 2013
In the 19th century, there was a mad rush among the bone collecting paleontologists of the day to see who could scoop whom, who could uncover this species or prove that that one flew. It was a bitter battle, and … Continue reading
The music in the trailers for this one is contemporary, understandable, I guess. Getting younger people to come see a period piece about 1940s baseball when Jackie Robinson integrated America’s Pastime,” is going to be a hard sell to the … Continue reading
It’s about the James Hunt/Niki Lauda rivalry during the Crimson Age (death, everywhere) of F-1, and Howard’s cut a pretty dazzling trailer out of it. “Rush” opens Sept. 13. Will Americans, who don’t generally follow F-1, go for it? The … Continue reading
Irish character actor Milo O’Shea’s death, like that of documentary maker Les Blank (“Burden of Dreams”) , got lost in all the Roger Ebert love last week. It completely escaped my notice. But the actor, famous for starring in the … Continue reading