Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 13, 2013
Zoe Bell, the great stuntwoman who earned her bones doubling “Xena: Warrior Princess,”: but who came to fame as Quentin Tarantino’s go-to stuntwoman and big name star of “Death Proof,” did a Q & A at the Florida Film Festival … Continue reading
In Hollywood, they call it “on the nose” casting. And if ever you doubted that Matthew McConaugheywas the perfect pick to play the yarn-and-myth spinning rural romantic title character in Jeff Nichols’ Southern Gothic melodrama, “Mud,” he puts your mind at ease … Continue reading
People applauded at the packed evening screening of “42” I attended early last week. Yes, it’s sentimental and old-fashioned, with more than a dash of white liberal guilt sprinkled in for added appeal. It was sure to appeal to an … Continue reading
Never chatted with Michael “Transformers/Bad Boys” Bay before. He’s earned a lot of heat and abuse for this and that over the years — the “Transformers” movies, a couple of which were reasonably pleasant surprises. Slick editing, sort of a … Continue reading