Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Argentine Bigamist uses "So Much Love to Give (Corazon Loco)" as his excuse
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? French "Cuties (Mignonnes)" grow up entirely too fast
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 13, 2013
Zoe Bell, the great stuntwoman who earned her bones doubling “Xena: Warrior Princess,”: but who came to fame as Quentin Tarantino’s go-to stuntwoman and big name star of “Death Proof,” did a Q & A at the Florida Film Festival … Continue reading
In Hollywood, they call it “on the nose” casting. And if ever you doubted that Matthew McConaugheywas the perfect pick to play the yarn-and-myth spinning rural romantic title character in Jeff Nichols’ Southern Gothic melodrama, “Mud,” he puts your mind at ease … Continue reading
People applauded at the packed evening screening of “42” I attended early last week. Yes, it’s sentimental and old-fashioned, with more than a dash of white liberal guilt sprinkled in for added appeal. It was sure to appeal to an … Continue reading
Never chatted with Michael “Transformers/Bad Boys” Bay before. He’s earned a lot of heat and abuse for this and that over the years — the “Transformers” movies, a couple of which were reasonably pleasant surprises. Slick editing, sort of a … Continue reading