Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Holidays are for triggering -- "Hillbilly Elegy"
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 13, 2013
Zoe Bell, the great stuntwoman who earned her bones doubling “Xena: Warrior Princess,”: but who came to fame as Quentin Tarantino’s go-to stuntwoman and big name star of “Death Proof,” did a Q & A at the Florida Film Festival … Continue reading
In Hollywood, they call it “on the nose” casting. And if ever you doubted that Matthew McConaugheywas the perfect pick to play the yarn-and-myth spinning rural romantic title character in Jeff Nichols’ Southern Gothic melodrama, “Mud,” he puts your mind at ease … Continue reading
People applauded at the packed evening screening of “42” I attended early last week. Yes, it’s sentimental and old-fashioned, with more than a dash of white liberal guilt sprinkled in for added appeal. It was sure to appeal to an … Continue reading
Never chatted with Michael “Transformers/Bad Boys” Bay before. He’s earned a lot of heat and abuse for this and that over the years — the “Transformers” movies, a couple of which were reasonably pleasant surprises. Slick editing, sort of a … Continue reading