Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 24, 2013
You might think that putting the venerable NPR news quiz “Wait Wait…Don’t Tell Me!” on the big screen, in movie theaters all over the country the night of May 2, would just be a way of celebrating its 15 years … Continue reading
OK. I kid. The teensy-budget big screen answer to “Glee!” did over $200 million, in box office, VOD, etc. receipts. So naturally Universal would like a little more of that, if you please. Can’t imagine a 2015 film that would … Continue reading
I think the only time I’ve ever talked with her was WAY back when she did “Night on Earth” for Jim Jarmusch and they brought it to the NY Film Festival. Yeah, that was in the last century. Tabloid years, … Continue reading
Here’s another story summing up the latest Chinese affronts to artistic freedom in the somewhat artistic world of the cinema. For years, Hollywood has been reluctant to deliver Chinese villains, to place big screen wrongdoing in Chinese hands. Think back … Continue reading
Lots of people want to escape their past. Wallace Avery wants to escape his present. Which he does, pretty much before the opening credits are over in “Arthur Newman.” That’s to be his new name. Plainly, he’s given it some … Continue reading
Once you’ve destroyed Pearl Harbor and let robots rampage across the Earth a few times, your whole idea of a buddy picture has got to be warped. Elephantiasis sets in, even on a caper comedy with daft characters and silly … Continue reading