Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Movie Review: "Between Shadow and Soul," a silent remake of "The Third Wife"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2013
Love the beat, the upbeat vibe of Steven Soderbergh’s “Behind the Candelabra,” with Michael Douglas vamping Lee Liberace and Matt Damon eye-popping as the gold digger. May 29, HBO.
Redford teaches us one last lesson about the ’60s. When he was just coming into his own as a movie star. He plays a long on the lam ’60s radical pursued by reporter Shia LaBeouf. There’s Terrence Howard, Brit Marling, … Continue reading
Yeah, she was Sharpay in “High School Musical,” and was good at it. She’s in “Scary Movie 5,” because, well, eventually everyone ends up in a “Scary Movie.” Ashley Tisdale will be 28 this summer, and I’m curious about what … Continue reading
A big cast, texting and talking their way to an understanding of our cell phone addiction and the barriers to communication facing us all? That’s how “Disconnect” looks, based on the trailer, a “Crash” with cell phones. It opens next … Continue reading