Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse"
- Movie Review: A Tragic Gay Romance from Italy, "The Neighbor" (aka "Hotel Milano")
- Movie Review: Miller shines, sprints and explains as "The Flash"
- Movie Review -- "Transformers: Rise of the Beasts"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Netflixable? The Soapy Story of a Danish Ed Sheeran's abitrary stardom -- "A Beautiful Life"
- So the reason "Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny" is getting mixed reviews is that it's "Woke?"
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review: A Love Story Musical set to The Indigo Girls -- "Glitter & Doom"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: April 10, 2013
Next Screening: It’s Ellen Page vs. Brit Marling in “The East”
Environmental terrorism, the 99% striking back at the 1%. Something along those lines. Ellen Page is spokesperson for a group, “The East,” that is striking back against polluters/exploiters, etc. with the gloves off. Marling seems to be a sort of … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: It’s Ellen Page vs. Brit Marling in “The East”
Jim Carrey IS “Ricky Stanicky”
Steve Oedekerk rejoins his “Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls” star Jim Carrey for “Ricky Stanicky,” a comedy about an actor hired to play the invented lifelong friend of several guys who have used his name as an excuse to skip … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Jim Carrey IS “Ricky Stanicky”
Johnny Depp “became” a Comanche before “Lone Ranger” hits theaters
Interesting back story from The Hollywood Reporter about Disney’s efforts, with the wholehearted cooperation of Johnny Depp, to fend off criticism from his playing the Comanche Tonto in the new “Lone Ranger” movie. He’s one of those Hollywood folk who … Continue reading
Movie Preview: “Elysium,” the ultimate sci-fi expression of have nots vs. The Haves
Jodie Foster, Matt Damon, at last a sci-fi picture ABOUT something. The director of “District 9” has cooked up a vision of the future where the rich live in paradise and the 99% live short, miserable lives in hell. “Elysium” … Continue reading
Movie Review: History is made by the man who wore “42”
Earnest, righteous, historically accurate and often entertaining, writer-director Brian Helgeland’s “42” is pretty much all you could hope for in a Jackie Robinson film biography. Minus the excitement, which given how well-known Robinson’s story is to baseball fans, is no cardinal … Continue reading