Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Classic Film Review: There is but one "Zorba the Greek (1964)"
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Monaghan's a Mom who will do anything for her Boy who Craves "Blood"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: Ryan Phillippe finds trouble before and after prison as "The Locksmith"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 10, 2013
Environmental terrorism, the 99% striking back at the 1%. Something along those lines. Ellen Page is spokesperson for a group, “The East,” that is striking back against polluters/exploiters, etc. with the gloves off. Marling seems to be a sort of … Continue reading
Steve Oedekerk rejoins his “Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls” star Jim Carrey for “Ricky Stanicky,” a comedy about an actor hired to play the invented lifelong friend of several guys who have used his name as an excuse to skip … Continue reading
Interesting back story from The Hollywood Reporter about Disney’s efforts, with the wholehearted cooperation of Johnny Depp, to fend off criticism from his playing the Comanche Tonto in the new “Lone Ranger” movie. He’s one of those Hollywood folk who … Continue reading
Jodie Foster, Matt Damon, at last a sci-fi picture ABOUT something. The director of “District 9” has cooked up a vision of the future where the rich live in paradise and the 99% live short, miserable lives in hell. “Elysium” … Continue reading
Earnest, righteous, historically accurate and often entertaining, writer-director Brian Helgeland’s “42” is pretty much all you could hope for in a Jackie Robinson film biography. Minus the excitement, which given how well-known Robinson’s story is to baseball fans, is no cardinal … Continue reading