Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Photocopier" reminds us that in Indonesia and elsewhere, the Revolution will not be Televised
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 10, 2013
Environmental terrorism, the 99% striking back at the 1%. Something along those lines. Ellen Page is spokesperson for a group, “The East,” that is striking back against polluters/exploiters, etc. with the gloves off. Marling seems to be a sort of … Continue reading
Steve Oedekerk rejoins his “Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls” star Jim Carrey for “Ricky Stanicky,” a comedy about an actor hired to play the invented lifelong friend of several guys who have used his name as an excuse to skip … Continue reading
Interesting back story from The Hollywood Reporter about Disney’s efforts, with the wholehearted cooperation of Johnny Depp, to fend off criticism from his playing the Comanche Tonto in the new “Lone Ranger” movie. He’s one of those Hollywood folk who … Continue reading
Jodie Foster, Matt Damon, at last a sci-fi picture ABOUT something. The director of “District 9” has cooked up a vision of the future where the rich live in paradise and the 99% live short, miserable lives in hell. “Elysium” … Continue reading
Earnest, righteous, historically accurate and often entertaining, writer-director Brian Helgeland’s “42” is pretty much all you could hope for in a Jackie Robinson film biography. Minus the excitement, which given how well-known Robinson’s story is to baseball fans, is no cardinal … Continue reading