Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 10, 2013
Environmental terrorism, the 99% striking back at the 1%. Something along those lines. Ellen Page is spokesperson for a group, “The East,” that is striking back against polluters/exploiters, etc. with the gloves off. Marling seems to be a sort of … Continue reading
Steve Oedekerk rejoins his “Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls” star Jim Carrey for “Ricky Stanicky,” a comedy about an actor hired to play the invented lifelong friend of several guys who have used his name as an excuse to skip … Continue reading
Interesting back story from The Hollywood Reporter about Disney’s efforts, with the wholehearted cooperation of Johnny Depp, to fend off criticism from his playing the Comanche Tonto in the new “Lone Ranger” movie. He’s one of those Hollywood folk who … Continue reading
Jodie Foster, Matt Damon, at last a sci-fi picture ABOUT something. The director of “District 9” has cooked up a vision of the future where the rich live in paradise and the 99% live short, miserable lives in hell. “Elysium” … Continue reading
Earnest, righteous, historically accurate and often entertaining, writer-director Brian Helgeland’s “42” is pretty much all you could hope for in a Jackie Robinson film biography. Minus the excitement, which given how well-known Robinson’s story is to baseball fans, is no cardinal … Continue reading