Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 2, 2013
Relentless, pitiless, bloody and intense – that’s the remake of Sam Raimi’s “The Evil Dead.” But is this “Evil Dead” (no “The”) any good? Yes and no. It has several genuinely hair-raising moments and presents, for your edification and enjoyment, … Continue reading
Here’s the first trailer, which I believe I missed when it was first posted online. Nice to see Carey Mulligan, F. Murray Abraham as a folk club impressario, John Goodman, and the guy from “Ten Years,” Oscar Isaac in this … Continue reading
The last time we talked, I had t confess that I’d never been much of a fan, that “Arrested Development” never did much for me (the Ron Howard “Wonder Years” narration killed it for me) but that I was slowly … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting that “Kick-Ass” starlet Chloe Moretz is in talks to join the adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel “Dark Places,” about a woman forced to reexamine the massacre of her family 20 years before. Charlize Theron has been set … Continue reading
David Fincher is pulling together this remake of the oft-filmed Jules Verne tale of a mad scientist/sub captain who rages at mankind’s capacity for and love of war from beneath the waves. No, the sub probably won’t look like the … Continue reading