Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 2, 2013
Relentless, pitiless, bloody and intense – that’s the remake of Sam Raimi’s “The Evil Dead.” But is this “Evil Dead” (no “The”) any good? Yes and no. It has several genuinely hair-raising moments and presents, for your edification and enjoyment, … Continue reading
Here’s the first trailer, which I believe I missed when it was first posted online. Nice to see Carey Mulligan, F. Murray Abraham as a folk club impressario, John Goodman, and the guy from “Ten Years,” Oscar Isaac in this … Continue reading
The last time we talked, I had t confess that I’d never been much of a fan, that “Arrested Development” never did much for me (the Ron Howard “Wonder Years” narration killed it for me) but that I was slowly … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting that “Kick-Ass” starlet Chloe Moretz is in talks to join the adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel “Dark Places,” about a woman forced to reexamine the massacre of her family 20 years before. Charlize Theron has been set … Continue reading
David Fincher is pulling together this remake of the oft-filmed Jules Verne tale of a mad scientist/sub captain who rages at mankind’s capacity for and love of war from beneath the waves. No, the sub probably won’t look like the … Continue reading