Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review -- "Trevor: The Musical," a Pride Month period piece comes to Disney+
- Netflixable? South Africa's version of "Crash" is titled "Collision"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Movie Review: "The Black Phone" rings up a horror homage to King, "Twilight Zone" and '70s Childhood
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 2, 2013
Relentless, pitiless, bloody and intense – that’s the remake of Sam Raimi’s “The Evil Dead.” But is this “Evil Dead” (no “The”) any good? Yes and no. It has several genuinely hair-raising moments and presents, for your edification and enjoyment, … Continue reading
Here’s the first trailer, which I believe I missed when it was first posted online. Nice to see Carey Mulligan, F. Murray Abraham as a folk club impressario, John Goodman, and the guy from “Ten Years,” Oscar Isaac in this … Continue reading
The last time we talked, I had t confess that I’d never been much of a fan, that “Arrested Development” never did much for me (the Ron Howard “Wonder Years” narration killed it for me) but that I was slowly … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting that “Kick-Ass” starlet Chloe Moretz is in talks to join the adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel “Dark Places,” about a woman forced to reexamine the massacre of her family 20 years before. Charlize Theron has been set … Continue reading
David Fincher is pulling together this remake of the oft-filmed Jules Verne tale of a mad scientist/sub captain who rages at mankind’s capacity for and love of war from beneath the waves. No, the sub probably won’t look like the … Continue reading