Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Hanks ensures it's "A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood"
- Netflixable? Sniper comes home to MMA challenges, "Blackbear"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "Oh, Ramona!" A teen sex comedy from...Romania?
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 12, 2013
“True Grit’s” Hailee Steinfeld is the Juliet here. Douglas Booth is her Romeo. Note that this trailer to the Julian Fellowes adaptation lets our girl ride — a horse — and well. Paul Giamatti makes a promising Friar Lawrence. It … Continue reading
Here’s a distressing memory that I really must thanks Box Office Mojo for dredging up. “Scary Movie 4,” which came out seven years ago, earned a staggering $40 million on its opening weekend. Wow. Does that correlate to how “Scary … Continue reading
“Scary Movie 5” comes up short in every way imaginable. It’s only 80 minutes long. These “Scary Movie/Disaster Movie/Epic Movie/A Haunted House” pictures always manage to be the briefest encounters in theaters. Not that “brevity is the soul of wit,” … Continue reading
Is it the violence, the torture, the nudity, that had Chinese authorities pull “Django Unchained” off their release slate Thursday, just as it was about to open (after being edited down by Tarantino)? Or was something more sinister at work? … Continue reading