Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- Movie Review: "Teacher"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Documentary Review: The Wonder that was Bowie -- "Moonage Daydream"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Just a coupla "Bros," looking for love
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 12, 2013
“True Grit’s” Hailee Steinfeld is the Juliet here. Douglas Booth is her Romeo. Note that this trailer to the Julian Fellowes adaptation lets our girl ride — a horse — and well. Paul Giamatti makes a promising Friar Lawrence. It … Continue reading
Here’s a distressing memory that I really must thanks Box Office Mojo for dredging up. “Scary Movie 4,” which came out seven years ago, earned a staggering $40 million on its opening weekend. Wow. Does that correlate to how “Scary … Continue reading
“Scary Movie 5” comes up short in every way imaginable. It’s only 80 minutes long. These “Scary Movie/Disaster Movie/Epic Movie/A Haunted House” pictures always manage to be the briefest encounters in theaters. Not that “brevity is the soul of wit,” … Continue reading
Is it the violence, the torture, the nudity, that had Chinese authorities pull “Django Unchained” off their release slate Thursday, just as it was about to open (after being edited down by Tarantino)? Or was something more sinister at work? … Continue reading