Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: The plugged-in future's end game -- "LX 2048"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "Wish Upon a Unicorn" if you believe, kids!
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 12, 2013
“True Grit’s” Hailee Steinfeld is the Juliet here. Douglas Booth is her Romeo. Note that this trailer to the Julian Fellowes adaptation lets our girl ride — a horse — and well. Paul Giamatti makes a promising Friar Lawrence. It … Continue reading
Here’s a distressing memory that I really must thanks Box Office Mojo for dredging up. “Scary Movie 4,” which came out seven years ago, earned a staggering $40 million on its opening weekend. Wow. Does that correlate to how “Scary … Continue reading
“Scary Movie 5” comes up short in every way imaginable. It’s only 80 minutes long. These “Scary Movie/Disaster Movie/Epic Movie/A Haunted House” pictures always manage to be the briefest encounters in theaters. Not that “brevity is the soul of wit,” … Continue reading
Is it the violence, the torture, the nudity, that had Chinese authorities pull “Django Unchained” off their release slate Thursday, just as it was about to open (after being edited down by Tarantino)? Or was something more sinister at work? … Continue reading