Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 29, 2013
So my thinking re: “Star Trek Into Darkness” interviews was I’d just interviewed Chris Pine, and Zach Quinto just before him. Karl Urban I’ve talked to twice. And then I brain farted and forgot to push for Benedict Cumberbatch. But … Continue reading
Steal ideas from one creator, you’re a plagiarist. Steal from a few — GENIUS — or so it is said. “Pacific Rim” has a touch of “Godzilla,” a hint of “Avatar,” a taste of “Transformers” and design elements from “Iron … Continue reading
They’ve cast the little girl from “Beasts of the Southern Wild” in this Jay Z/Will Smith produced version of the musical “Annie.” But they need a Daddy Warbucks, aka Benjamin Stacks as he’s being called in this African American spin … Continue reading
As linked earlier on this blog, “Iron Man 3” has already pulled in about $200 million overseas, so it’s destined to be a blockbuster — the first of summer. So long “Oblivion,” “Olympus Has Fallen” etc. The so-so spring takes … Continue reading
Winona Ryder has a new film with a juicy role for her to play in it going into limited release this coming weekend. “The Iceman” is another tour de force Michael Shannon performance,this time as a real-life Jersey hitman. And … Continue reading
I’ve read a lot about Thor Heyerdahl and his various sea-tested “theories” about human migration/colonization. Seen the early docs about him. Now, there’s this narrative feature, which I’ve been dying to see. I hope its “Real Adventure Has No Limits” … Continue reading
Tyler Perry can be credited with the recent renaissance in Georgia film production. He’s set up studios, shoots all the films under his aegis there, and the TV shows too. Georgia is a cheap state to make movies in — … Continue reading