Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Classic Film Review: Renoir's "The Southerner (1945)"
- Movie Review: A Car Thief gets more than He Bargained for in that Toyota "4x4"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Preview: Is "Therapy Dogs" "the last high school movie?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 20, 2013
At the end of my chat with “Arthur Newman” star Colin Firth Friday, I asked that Evergreen, “What’s next?” He’s got “Gambit” with the Coens coming to theaters. He says the Barbra Streisand directed period piece romance “Skinny and Cat,” … Continue reading
A very big Friday suggests that the Universal sci-fi thriller “Oblivion” overcame indifferent reviews to open at over $13 million, with a $40 million weekend within reach. That’s impressive. The film has already earned almost $80 million overseas, which is … Continue reading