Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: There's little redeeming about "Redemption Day"
- Netflixable? "100% Halal," a soapy, almost edgy dramedy from Islamic Indonesia
- Netflixable? A Norwegian "car toon" -- "Asphalt Burning (Børning 3)"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Documentary Review: Meditating meetings with E.T. -- "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Movie Review: An unhappy Silverstone is "Sister of the Groom"
- Movie Review: Neeson narrows his beady eyes as "The Marksman"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 9, 2013
We unplug our phone from the charger, pop in our ear buds and go out to seize the day. We text compulsively, post on Facebook obsessively, and when it comes time to shop, date or hook-up, we log on, boot up and … Continue reading
This sells the sentiment (Costner as stepdad) and the action and the love story in 30 seconds. Not bad. “Man of Steel” opens June 14.
The movie about Panamanian boxer Roberto Duran, “Hands of Stone,” was supposed to be a “go” project, with Al Pacino as the guy’s trainer and Gael Garcia Bernal as the famous fighter, famous quitter (“No mas. No mas.”). Now it’s … Continue reading