Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Of course the French know what "MILF" stands for
- Netflixable? "Offering to the Storm" finishes the Spanish Kill Baby Girls cult trilogy
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriages with "A Suitable Girl" are more complicated than you think
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? Don't cross your imaginary lover, not if she's named "Sylvia"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 25, 2013
Sarah Polley’s new documentary is about how we tell the tale of our lives. Some of us bury the lead, some go on and on, fixating on the trivial and repeating themselves (I am related to a few of those). … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting that William Monahan, screenwriter of “The Departed” and “Body of Lies,” has been tapped to adapt John Le Carre’s latest novel, “A Delicate Truth,” for the big screen. Haven’t read the book. Are there cell phones in … Continue reading
A good looking but dark and humorless trailer to the comic book sequel, due out in October.
Michael Bay has been saying his “Low budget” comedy “Pain & Gain,” a sometimes gory account of dopey doped up Miami bodybuilders who kidnap a shady businessman and torture him into signing over his fortune, only cost $26 million. Mark … Continue reading