Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Netflixable? Animated "Over the Moon" marries Chinese animation and sensibilities to Hollywood storytelling
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Bingworthy? Anya Taylor-Joy looks for checkmate in "The Queen's Gambit"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 25, 2013
Sarah Polley’s new documentary is about how we tell the tale of our lives. Some of us bury the lead, some go on and on, fixating on the trivial and repeating themselves (I am related to a few of those). … Continue reading
Deadline.com is reporting that William Monahan, screenwriter of “The Departed” and “Body of Lies,” has been tapped to adapt John Le Carre’s latest novel, “A Delicate Truth,” for the big screen. Haven’t read the book. Are there cell phones in … Continue reading
A good looking but dark and humorless trailer to the comic book sequel, due out in October.
Michael Bay has been saying his “Low budget” comedy “Pain & Gain,” a sometimes gory account of dopey doped up Miami bodybuilders who kidnap a shady businessman and torture him into signing over his fortune, only cost $26 million. Mark … Continue reading